Physician Assistant / CRNP Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner - Orthopedics IP
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Provide primary health care and perform selective medical services such as examinations, formulation of treatment plans and therapeutic procedures, in all clinical venues, under the direction of the physicians. Actively participates as a member of the healthcare team to engage patients, families, and caregivers in the coordination of patient care.
- Obtain complete patient medical history and physical data, review records and assess patient heath status.
- Interpret and integrate data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures needed.
- Perform a complete/symptom limited physical examination, record findings and establish presumptive diagnosis.
- Order appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures such as x-rays, electrocardiograms and laboratory tests and interpret results for deviations from normal.
- Analyze data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan utilizing principles of prevention.
- Perform patient care by administering injections, immunizations and oral medications in compliance with applicable laws/guidelines and suturing wounds. Prepare written prescription orders for drugs and controlled substances.
- Document patient information and care provided in the patient’s electronic health record.
- Develop and implement patient management plans, record progress notes and assist in provision of continuity of care.
- Provide instructions to the patient and family, if necessary, regarding medications and treatments.
- Advise patients regarding health and illness prevention and recommend community resources to meet patient and family needs if applicable.
- Using the Electronic Health Record, document and bill for services rendered.
- Perform other duties as required.
Performance Requirements: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of professional medical practice and care protocols, assessing patient health, administration of medications and delivering care following a treatment plan.
- Knowledge of physician office procedures, medical terminology, ICD-10 and CPT coding guidelines.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations, procedures, prescribed medical standards and common safety hazards and precautions.
- Skill in applying and modifying principles, methods and techniques of medicine to provide on-going patient care.
- Skill in gathering and analyzing patient data and interpreting findings. Skill in preparing and maintaining records utilizing computer software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Graduate of accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Master’s degree in Nursing is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid State of Pennsylvania Physician Assistant license. BLS certification required. Certain mid-level provider positions may require registration with the DEA for the authority to prescribe controlled substances.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner in the State of Pennsylvania. CRNPs that were certified by the Board after February 7, 2005, will be required to maintain current National certification in order to renew their Pennsylvania CRNP certification. The new regulations require that the 30-hours of continuing education required for license renewal be taken within the CRNP’s specialty.
- Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
- One year of medical care experience preferably as a Physician Assistant or CRNP in a medical practice.
Software Powered by iCIMS