Sign into the Talent Community
Category: Allied Health
Facility: Luminis Doctors Community Medical Center
Location: Lanham, MD
Posted Date: September 22, 2022
Not ready to apply, or just want to learn more about our company and the hottest job opportunities, please join our Talent Community.
Quickly join with your social network.
SHARE THIS JOB
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position.
- Uses objective evaluation techniques to assess the physical limitations and medical condition of patients;
- Prescribes and implements a treatment program which is designed to return patients to their maximum level of function;
- Work collaboratively with all members of the multidisciplinary health care team to maximize patient and team outcomes;
- Promotes improvement in service, department and hospital systems to benefit patient care;
- Incorporates and operationalizes the goals and objectives of the Hospital at the site of care;
- Physical Therapist provides care to patients based on the application of scientific physical therapy principles. Responsibilities of the Physical Therapist include (but are not limited to):
- Administers: Gait training, active and passive manual therapeutic exercises, Instructs, motivates and assists patients to learn and improve functional activity, such as pre-ambulation, transfer, ambulation, and daily-living activities
- Observes patients during treatments and compiles and evaluates data on patients’ responses to treatments and progress
- Fits patients for, adjusts, and trains patients in the use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, walkers and wheelchairs
- Documents and charges for treatments rendered
- Participates in all assigned daily, monthly, quarterly inpatient committee meetings
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting
- Knowledge of basic social, behavioral, biological and physical science as required by academic program Knowledge of Physical Therapy foundation and theory, evaluation and treatment techniques, research and application, leadership and management as required by the academic program.
- Knowledge of current health care environment.
- Annual completion of required departmental and/or service competency learning packages.
- Ability to use highly developed age specific communication and interpersonal skills in interactions with patients and families, coworkers and the entire health care team.
- Ability to gather, analyze, interpret and summarize data for effective clinical decision making in patient evaluation and treatment.
- Ability to apply knowledge and theory in clinical practice.
- Complete required orientation as directed by facility
Follow facility and OSHA safety rules and procedures
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Luminis Health. (Note: this downloads a word document)