COVID-19 Vaccine: All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Learn More
share this job
Job ID: 99917
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: La Plata,MD US
Hours of Work: Day/Evening/Night/Every Other Weekend
Job Facility: UM Charles Regional Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
La Plata, Maryland
Great health, great opportunities.
At the University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center (UM CRMC), our talented and diverse groups of professionals represent our strength. Through teamwork and a collaborative work environment, we proudly serve our patients and our community with unwavering commitment. It’s our passion for people that motivates us to do great work every single day.
Consistently named among the top 100 Best Places to Work in Maryland, our team members have the opportunity to grow professionally in a supportive and stimulating environment.
As a Phlebotomist, you’ll perform venipuncture and capillary puncture to obtain blood samples for various laboratory tests at the Medical Center and off-site facilities. Patients served to include Neonate thru Adult-Geriatric, including isolation patients.
As a member of our team, you will experience:
- A supportive, stimulating, and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package to support your health and a balanced lifestyle – including health, vision, and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans, and more!
- Generous tuition reimbursement to support your continuing education and professional growth.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
Licensure & Certification:
- Current CPR certification required.
- Certification from a nationally recognized Phlebotomy Association such as ASPT or ASCP; or certification from an approved phlebotomy collegiate program preferred.
- Current drivers license with a good driving record required or ability to have own transportation to off-site facilities.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hi, my name is Robin Brown. And I'm David Leo. I'm a nurse here, [door bangs] Midtown campus. I have been here a year. And I've been here for four years. Why work here? Why work... Why Midtown? I love Midtown because everybody here is so friendly. Everybody is helpful. If you need anything, no matter who it is they jump in and help us. Yeah, I agree. And I love working at the diabetes center. Staff is wonderful. People are really caring and it's also that kind of smaller hospital feel where people know each other and are always looking to help out other people. Yes.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW