Pharmacy Admissions Specialist
Location: Aurora, CO, United States
Category: Technicians/Patient Care Support
Job Type: PRN
Job ID: 124470
Date Posted: Nov 18, 2023
Pharmacy Admissions Specialist
Location: University of Colorado Hospital, Aurora, CO
Pharmacy Admissions Specialists (PAS) are responsible for helping the healthcare team by obtaining and documenting patient's home medications in the electronic health record. This is also known as a "Med Rec Tech" at other institutions. Position requires staff to use computers regularly, interact with patients for the entirety of a shift, be comfortable with going into patient rooms in the ED and on inpatient units, and be comfortable with calling patients on the phone. We are seeking team members who are self-motivated to complete work and maintain a fast pace without regular oversight. Ideal candidates for this position include technicians who are looking to stay in a position for several years.
This role does not include staffing within our outpatient pharmacies (retail) or inpatient pharmacy (IV room, medication delivery, etc.).
- Seeking a flex staff with potential for shifts available as 4 hours, 8 hours, or 10 hours, depending on day of the week/time of day. Our team is “open” from 7am-9pm, 7 days/week.
- Rotate through working 1 out of every 4 weekends
- Potential rotation through major winter and summer holiday block
- Interviews patients and family members to compile a valid list of patient's home medications upon admission and perform verification and clarification of documents with the Pharmacist.
- Communicates with retail pharmacies, primary care physicians, and other resources to gather information and recognize and apply knowledge of appropriate/specific drugs within scope.
- Assists department and bedded units to identify and resolve patient safety issues related to medication use and admission medication list.
- Records information in the patients EHR in a timely manner and maintains accurate data involving patient information.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum Required Education: High School diploma or GED.
- Required Licensure/Certification: PHATP (Pharmacy Technician Provisional) certification from State Board of Pharmacy. PHAT (Pharmacy Technician) certification from State Board of Pharmacy within 18 months of hire.
- Minimum Experience: 2 years of Pharmacy Technician experience or 1 year of experience with CPhT certification. Preferred: 2 years of pharmacy experience.
- Retail Pharmacy experience.
- 2 years pharmacy experience.
The pay range for this position is: $20.87 - $27.13 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee’s contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years’ employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement plans to include pension plan and 403(b) matching
- Paid time off. Start your employment at UCHealth with PTO in your bank
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options
- Tuition and continuing education reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- 5 year incentive bonus
- Full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance
- Education benefits for employees, including the opportunity to be eligible for 100% of tuition, books and fees paid for by UCHealth for specific educational degrees. Other programs may also qualify for up to $5,250 pre-paid by UCHealth or in the form of tuition reimbursement each calendar year
UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!
UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
We can’t make extraordinary possible without you.
Join us today.
At UCHealth, we’re looking for those who are talented, inspired and up for a challenge—those who don’t shy away from big emotional investments and daily opportunities to improve lives.
Our individual facilities propel us forward to improve and optimize health care, with locations across Colorado, including:
Take the first step today by joining our talent community.
From health care to health.