Pharmacist Clinical Inpatient - Oncology & Med/Surg
Location: Aurora, CO, United States
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 152305
Date Posted: Sep 15, 2023
Float Pharmacist Clinical Inpatient - Oncology & Med/Surg
Location: University of Colorado Hospital, Aurora, CO
- This is a med/surg float clinical pharmacist position that will have a heavy focus on covering inpatient and infusion oncology areas.
- Cover shifts for med/surg, oncology and BMT shifts on the inpatient setting.
- Occasionally cover oncology infusion shifts for any of our 4 Metro Denver oncology infusion locations.
Work Schedule: Full Time, 80 hours/pay period, Rotating
- This is a med/surg float position with a large component of shifts being dedicated to IP oncology/BMT or outpatient oncology infusion.
- Rotating shifts (day, evening); majority of oncology shifts covered are day shift M-F; will be required to float through evening shifts.
- Rotate through 1 in 4 weekends on the UCH inpatient oncology/BMT services.
- Rotate through one major and one minor holiday block each calendar year on the UCH inpatient oncology/BMT services.
- The majority of shifts occur on the Anschutz Medical Campus but shifts will occasionally be scheduled at other 3 offsite infusion locations located in Cherry Creek, Lone Tree, and Highlands Ranch.
- Reviews, interprets and evaluates medication regimens to identify, prevent and resolve potential or actual medication-related problems.
- Provides patient care by initiating, modifying, and monitoring medication therapy through approved mechanisms that may include therapeutic interchange, collaborative practice agreement, or other strategies.
- Provides drug information and education to medical professionals, students, and patients.
- Collaborates with care team to develop, implement and evaluate medication management quality improvement efforts.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited school of Pharmacy.
- Required Licensure/Certification: State licensure as a Pharmacist and any relevant life support certification as determined at position level.
Minimum Experience: None required.
- Previous inpatient pharmacy experience.
- Prior oncology experience isn’t required, but a desire to learn and be trained in oncology is a must!
- PGY1 residency.
The pay range for this position is: $50.76 - $76.14 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee’s contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years’ employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement plans to include pension plan and 403(b) matching
- Paid time off. Start your employment at UCHealth with PTO in your bank
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options
- Tuition and continuing education reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- 5 year incentive bonus
- Full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance
- Education benefits for employees, including the opportunity to be eligible for 100% of tuition, books and fees paid for by UCHealth for specific educational degrees. Other programs may also qualify for up to $5,250 pre-paid by UCHealth or in the form of tuition reimbursement each calendar year
UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!
UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
We can’t make extraordinary possible without you.
Join us today.
At UCHealth, we’re looking for those who are talented, inspired and up for a challenge—those who don’t shy away from big emotional investments and daily opportunities to improve lives.
Our individual facilities propel us forward to improve and optimize health care, with locations across Colorado, including:
Take the first step today by joining our talent community.
From health care to health.