Performance Improvement and Systems Optimization Manage
At Central Maine Healthcare our team members are committed to providing exceptional care and experiences for our community and for each other every day.
Responsible for Performance Improvement and care delivery Systems Optimization initiatives throughout our organization to achieve sustainable results aligned with the system strategic priorities. Presents proficient skills, proven results, and expertise in performance improvement (process improvement & project management), systems optimization, organizational change management, innovative problem solving and leadership of high performing teams. Partners with stakeholders and teams across Central Maine Health to optimize and streamline the care delivery systems and related
- Supports design, re-engineering, delivery and quality of programs and services that optimizes patient flow, maximizes the patient experience, increase patient volumes, and enables access as a competitive advantage for CMH by expanding access to care.
- Works collaboratively with all stakeholders to achieve targeted and sustainable improvements using Performance Improvement and Systems Optimization methodologies, tools, techniques and High Reliability Organization principles (HRO). This includes improving and modify existing workflows and processes to drive improvements in clinical care and overall outcomes.
- Develop and administer performance and system optimization improvements in alignment with CMH’s strategic goals.
- Promote innovative approaches to problem-solving and to sustain a high-performance improvement environment.
- Apply appropriate performance improvement methodologies and relevant tools to identify improvement opportunities and advance rapid cycle improvement (i.e. PDCA, FMEA, Lean –Six Sigma, reliability science, mistake proof fail safe techniques etc.).
- Deliver targeted training throughout the organization to advance the understanding & application of lean – six sigma performance improvement, process improvement, project management, and other continuous improvement concepts
- Manages complex relationships and intersections across functional areas in a highly matrixed environment on all initiatives to build trust, resolve conflict, and drive results
- Support and coach operational leaders with the following:
- Committees and Teams Leadership. Implement standards to include improvement teams’ charters; implementation plans; timelines; milestones to effectively track deliverables; performance dashboards; change proposals and other relevant materials needed to support the teams.
- Plan, design, and oversee the implementation of targeted performance improvement and systems optimization for multiple programs and initiatives. This includes conducting current state analysis for priority workflows based on performance gaps. Develop respective gap closure improvement plans.
- Work collaboratively with department clinical and operational leaders, to provide guidance in crafting and executing of performance improvement strategy, and associated projects in support of the identified organization priorities. Additionally, support the development of performance measurement systems for their respective departments.
- Develop standardized timely performance status report for departments and senior leadership. The report includes results of improvement efforts and ongoing performance measures as well as recommend corrective actions plans for aligning results with goals.
- Develops effective working relationships with stake holders, including practice & hospital leaders
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree preferred) in Business, Quality Management, Healthcare, Management, Administration, Clinical field, Engineering, or other related functional area is required.
- Black Belt in Lean or Six Sigma Certification or equivalent is preferred
- Health care experience strongly preferred
- PMP Certification is required (or obtained within one year)
- Clinical experience is a plus
- Five years direct experience in application of performance improvement methodologies (Lean & / or Six Sigma) preferably in in a healthcare environment.
- High level of commitment to continuous improvement in the quest for comprehensive and quality health care
- Previous experience in managing large system-wide projects in a healthcare system environment
- Experience with and training in quality improvement methodologies such as Lean or Six Sigma
- Strong process improvement and project management skills
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Strategic, results focused, innovative and motivated
- Systems thinking
- Ability to simplify and clarify complex and ambiguous problems
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for mentoring, engaging leaders in problem solving, enabling skills development, and promoting career development.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Skilled at cultivating collaborative relationships with front line associates and all levels of leadership
- Strong data acumen and analytical skills
- Flexibility to travel as needed to meet the needs of the business
If you are passionate about making a difference and are looking for your next great career opportunity, we look forward to reviewing your application!