Pediatric Staff Nurse
PT BE 20-39 HRS
10 days agoRequisition ID: 1717
OFFERING $5000 SIGN-ON BONUS! *
The Staff Nurse – RN provides nursing services at the top of the incumbent’s license to patients in accordance with all applicable Massachusetts State Laws as well as regulations promulgated by the Department of Public Health and Harbor Health Services, Inc. Duties include but are not limited to: triage; access; case management; and nursing support of clinical sessions.
Position is 24 hours (may include a Saturday rotation).
Harbor Health is looking for a great nurse to join an outstanding community healthcare team in the Pediatric Dept. at the Daniel Driscoll-Neponset Health Center! Come join our dedicated, community focused healthcare team!
Our position is offered with a full Benefits Package including Health, Dental and Vision, generous paid time off plus 11 paid holidays annually, parking on site and competitive salary! Student loan repayment opportunities (National Health Service Corps/Public Service Loan Forgiveness) available at our health center sites!
• Performs routine nursing care to patients, while utilizing age specific guidelines and standard precaution practices at all times.
• In conjunction with care team and/or provider, assists in the development and implementation of a comprehensive plan of care.
• Administers medications and vaccinations to patients orally, topically, subcutaneously, intradermal and intramuscularly as order by provider or following standing orders policy.
• Certifies that emergency equipment in clinical area is appropriately maintained and working once per month and/or whenever equipment has been used.
• Participates in team, department and clinic meetings to learn, support process improvement and contribute to care plans as appropriate.
• Provides cross coverage and training for staff in similar roles as needed
• Provides health coaching and teaching for common conditions (i.e. asthma, hypertension, diabetes…) through individual nurse visits, group visits and co-visits with other disciplines (clinical pharmacy, Behavioral Health, nutrition, physicals…) as appropriate.
• Assists patients with staying up to date with clinical care guidelines, immunizations and health maintenance tests.
• Supports transitions of care through nurse visits after ED/Hospitalizations as appropriate.
Preferred/Required Experience, Education, Skills:
• Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse (RN) and current BLS required, BSN preferred.
• Excellent customer service and verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to effectively work within both a team setting and independently
• Ability to work effectively with economically, racially and linguistically diverse customers, Bilingual a plus
• Basic computer literacy including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and familiarity with Electronic Medical Record software.
• Experience in a community health setting and/or ambulatory care or health insurance environment preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
*$2500 on hire and $2500 after 90 days in good standing, former employees of Harbor Health not eligible.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM and Saturday 9:00 AM -1:00 PM as needed.
24 Hours Weekly