COVID-19 Vaccine: All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Learn More
PC Maintenance Tech II
share this job
PC Maintenance Tech II
Job ID: 100423
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: Sun-Thur or Tue-Sat 8a-4:30p
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical System
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Under general supervision, performs all maintenance tasks, troubleshooting and repair of various UMMS computers, printers, network connectivity, office & mobile phones located throughout the organization. Helps maintains a spare parts inventory of systems, subsystems, and component parts used in repair work, with guidance. Updates progress reports for all work performed. Receives general work direction from supervisor on work priorities and daily assignments. Helps mentor Desktop Support Analyst, I position.
II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Assists with installation or relocation of computer equipment, such as PC’s, thin client’s, printers, and other associated hardware at user locations ensuring access to electricity, network in accordance with departmental procedures, technical, operating and assembling manuals. Provides first level problem analysis. Masters base knowledge of assigned applications, hardware and network to support clinical and business environments. Resolves or escalates service requests when necessary. Performs technical downloads and PC configurations with general guidance.
- Uses helpdesk call tracking application to log all service and update requests accurately and detailed. Collects data from customers to aid problem determination / resolution of request. Provides information to the Helpdesk for on-going follow up to customers until resolution of issue.
- Assists customers to identify and specify the nature of the request or problem. Uses guidance from Senior Technicians as required. Troubleshoots simple to complex issues and assists customers with various systems issues including Microsoft, PC/Laptop/desk & mobile phones, printer, software, peripherals, and network connectivity issues with general direction.
- Participates in IT Tiered support teams by obtaining and providing appropriate information for escalated issues.
- Participates in maintaining an inventory of parts used and needed to re-order, including testing parts received for stock to ensure an effective level of service.
- Participates in project activities providing support as requested. Will include learning how to gather data to help drive project outcomes.
- Assists in collection and analysis of real-time trending information.
- Position is considered to be an Essential Employee.
What You Need to Be Successful:
III. Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) with minimum of 2 years of experience in IT industry is required.
- CompTIA A+ (Plus) certification highly preferred.
IV. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate knowledge of Active Directory.
- Intermediate knowledge of PC’s, printer hardware and software configurations.
- Intermediate knowledge of repair, troubleshooting techniques and test equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to read and follow instructions accurately, timely and effectively.
- Effective communication and organization skills; demonstrates confidence and creativity.
- Positive customer service skills and the ability to work with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to perform daily work activities of the position assuring prompt and effective response to customer needs.
- Ability to analyze problems with help of senior technical people, ability to assess customer needs and determining appropriate solutions.
- Ability to understand and adhere to systems security and control procedures in accordance with departmental, vendor standards and regulatory bodies.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What I find most rewarding about my role is the opportunity and the chance to be unique and to be creative. There's a whole outlet where I get to design, I get to create and implement new things that I think would be user-friendly, so getting to kinda get into the mindset of how can I make things better, how can I get more creative is just really a fun experience to have within this role.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW