State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Patient Placement Coordinator
Req ID: 45392BR
Job Summary: The Patient Placement Coordinator works in collaboration with patients, families and staff from all sources of patient admissions. Reporting to the Director of Throughput Management, this person uses web-based tools to facilitate capacity throughput and communication among colleagues in patient placement and other nursing units. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the state mandated rules and regulations governing the preparation of death certificates. Prioritizes the daily operation of the Admitting department in order to provide optimal, timely service to our customers. Attention to detail, and multi-tasking is essential in order to consistently monitor multiple computer systems and to appropriately place patients. Runs daily reports for planning of various job functions. Reconciles multiple systems to confirm accurate patient placement.
- Collarborates with Admission Facilitators to assign patient beds based on clinical necessessity, and other multiple factors.
- Enters, updates, and maintains data into electronic registration system using the following computer systems: CCC, Performance Manager, Bed Tracking, and Referral Management. Constant monitoring of additional systems.
- Accurate data entry of death certificates using the state's electronic death registry system. Following Massachusetts state laws regarding criteria when to report a death to the Medical Examiner. Report all deaths to NEOB, and to Pathologists as needed for Autopsies.
- Monitors Capacity Dashboard to ensure census numbers are correct. Runs and collates various reports and other documents based on that information along with clinical and statistical information from the CCC system and assembles them for distribution to appropriate units/personnel.
- Answers multi-telephone lines in a polite and courteous manner, in dealing with all customers and external callers looking for patient information, while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Working knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred.
- Prior experience in a hospital or health care environment strongly preferred.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized as a Leading Health System in the Country
How to Apply