Patient Account Associate
FT 40 HRS
6 days agoRequisition ID: 1661
Under the supervision of the Patients Accounts Team Leader (PATL), the Patient Accounts Associate (PAA) duties include entering charges, submitting claims; and, posting payments. Other duties include addressing discrepancies with billing charges, payments and/or denials, and advising their PATL of these discrepancies.
• Reviews and applies pending charges from the Electronic Practice Management (EPM) system.
• Reviews/adds/removes charges on patient’s account based on recommendations from the coder.
• Acts as a billing liaison for the coder when questions arise.
• Bills claims weekly from the billing system.
• Runs reports to ensure all claims are being billed and submitted on time.
• Posts payments and denials weekly to ensure there are no billing issues.
• Assists with performing follow-up duties as assigned by Team Leader.
• Runs various reports through EPIC Electronic Practice Management (EPM) System to ensure that all claims processing is done in timely manner.
• Reconciles end of month reports for respective payers.
• Logs into the phone queue daily, and answer questions from patients.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• One (1) year of experience in medical billing.
• Working knowledge of billing systems, EPIC/OCHIN EPM application highly desired.
• Must be computer literate with basic level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Knowledge of physician billing.
• Three (3) or more months of patient billing or patient registration experience with EPIC/OCHIN software may be substituted for one (1) year of medical billing experience.
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.