Patient Access Specialist Sr - BMT Clinic - Full time
Location: Aurora, CO, United States
Category: Administrative/Clerical Support
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 115922
Date Posted: Mar 23, 2023
Unit: BMT CLINIC
Location: Anschutz Medical Campus
Work Schedule: 1.0/80hrs. pp - Full Time - Days
The Blood Disorders Center at the University of Colorado Hospital is transforming health care for our malignant blood cancer and benign hematology patients by not only providing exemplary patient-centered care but also through world-class clinical research trials and our revolutionary partnership with the CU School of Medicine in the development of the CARE Innovation Center, a comprehensive service that brings together health care and leading industry and start-up partners. We are proud to be the only hospital in Colorado with five consecutive Magnet designations and were recently ranked as the #1 Hospital in the State of Colorado by US News and World Report for the 11thyear in a row. We are also ranked as the #1 Employer in the State of Colorado by Forbes.
The Blood Disorders Center services patients with Lymphoma, Leukemia, MDS, and Multiple Myeloma, as well as rare blood disorders such as Castleman’s Disease, Hairy Cell Leukemia and Langerhans. Some of these patients will proceed to either an Autologous or Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant or CAR-T Cell Therapy. We also see patients with Myeloproliferative Neoplasms such as Polycythemia Vera, Myelofibrosis and Essential Thrombocytosis as well as other non-malignant blood disorders, including anemia, Sickle Cell Disease, and Thalassemia.
Schedules and registers patients. Obtains demographic information and performs related clerical functions.Responsibilities:
- Schedules appointments, follow-up appointments, and assigns appropriate length of visit per physician request.
- Provides instruction to patients regarding what to bring to the appointment, time of appointment and location of physician. Registers patients for medical care including laboratory, outpatient services, physician or other medical office. Pre-registers patients when needed.
- Collects and confirms complete patient demographics, current employer, emergency contact information, insurance and case-specific information such as referring physician.
- Verifies insurance eligibility for governmental insurance payors (i.e. Medicaid, Medicare, Tricare, etc.). May complete Medicare Secondary Payor Questionnaire for all Medicare eligible patients. Reviews patient accounts for outstanding balances and forwards to Accounting.
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
The pay range for this position is: $19.10 - $24.83 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
UCHealth offers a Five Year Incentive Bonus to recognize employee’s contributions to our success in quality, patient experience, organizational growth, financial goals, and tenure with UCHealth. The bonus accumulates annually each October and is paid out in October following completion of five years’ employment.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package:
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- Retirement plans to include pension plan and 403(b) matching
- Paid time off. Start your employment at UCHealth with PTO in your bank
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options
- Tuition and continuing education reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- 5 year incentive bonus
- Full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance
- Education benefits for employees, including the opportunity to be eligible for 100% of tuition, books and fees paid for by UCHealth for specific educational degrees. Other programs may also qualify for up to $5,250 pre-paid by UCHealth or in the form of tuition reimbursement each calendar year
UCHealth is a qualifying employer for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!UCHealth provides employees with free assistance navigating the PSLF program to submit their federal student loans for forgiveness through Savi.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado’s largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it’s a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we’ll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There’s no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual’s race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any “qualified applicant with a disability” as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Patient Access Specialist Sr Neuro
Aurora, CO, United States
Department Administrative Support - Interpreter Services
Aurora, CO, United States
Executive Assistant - Facilities Design and Construction
Aurora, CO, United States
We can’t make extraordinary possible without you.
Join us today.
At UCHealth, we’re looking for those who are talented, inspired and up for a challenge—those who don’t shy away from big emotional investments and daily opportunities to improve lives.
Our individual facilities propel us forward to improve and optimize health care, with locations across Colorado, including:
Take the first step today by joining our talent community.
- Metro Denver
- Northern Colorado
- Southern Colorado
From health care to health.