Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
The liaison is responsible to the Anesthesia Practice Manager/PAT Nurse Manager and/or designee for overall PAT specialty practice (Surgery Center, Medical Center Inpatient/Outpatient and ENDO coverage). The liaison functions as a leader and facilitator with designated specialty areas: patients, surgeon(s), surgeon and other medical/specialty offices, Anesthesia, PAT, clinical nursing area and administrative staff. Incumbent promotes professional interaction based on the current ASPAN standards and Medical Center policies. The goal is to optimize surgical outcomes and readiness to prevent delays and/or cancellations. The liaison coordinates and is responsible to problem solve, increase communication, collaborate with all team members on achieving surgical assessment, planning, implementation, teaching and evaluation. The liaison is cross-trained to all PAT specialties, in the event of increase volumes or PTO.
1)Associate Degree or Diploma as a Registered Nurse required
2)Bachelor of Science of Nursing preferred
1)Associate Degree/ Diploma or BSN: A minimum of two - four years current Surgical Service care clinical experience with pre-op assessment, surgical teaching and medication reconciliation.
2)Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Must have knowledge of hospital admitting procedures, health care legislation and government/regulatory health related agencies.
2) Ability to prepare Summary Reports, EMR updates and use computer programs such as: Power Point, Excel, Word and ECT.
3) Ability to document data and other information.
4) Effectively communicates with co-workers, patients, medical staff, visitors, and other Medical Center personnel.
5) Ability to function in an independent manner with little or no need for direct supervision.
6) Possesses a pleasant personality for dealing with patients and team members.
7) Demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively; expresses ideas clearly; actively listens.
8) Works well with others to solve interpersonal conflicts and problems without need of superiors.
9) Demonstrates an ability to identify and solve problems.
10) Good organizational skills and dexterity needed for typing, communication via telephone, and computer use.
11) Basic computer skills. Good command of the English language, verbal and written.
12) Demonstrates an ability to initiate critical thinking skills and detail oriented which will identify and resolve problems related to chat pre readiness/completeness.
1) Current Pennsylvania RN licensure.
2) Certification in related surgical specialty is preferred.
3) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
1) Receives minimal supervision from the Anesthesia Practice Manager/PAT Nurse Manager
2) Performs duties in an independent manner
3) Seeks guidance when necessary
4) Consults with the Anesthesia Practice Manager/PAT Nurse Manager when unusual situations arise
Supervises other PAT clerical and technical staff as needed