COVID-19 Vaccine: All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Learn More
Outpatient Bariatric Dietitian
At the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS), we are creating a better state of care, for our communities and our team members at more than 150 locations across Maryland.
UMMS believes all team members are caregivers—and we support our caregivers so they can care for our patients. When you join UMMS, you become part of a highly reliable community of more than 27,000, where your experience is respected, your expertise is recognized, and your passion and curiosity are nurtured. A generous benefits package supports your physical, mental, and financial health through a paid time off plan, comprehensive health coverage, dependent care and tuition reimbursement, retirement plan, wellbeing services and more.
UMMS embraces a just culture where all team members are treated fairly and are empowered to communicate their goals and pursue their full career potential. We are guided by our shared values—compassion, discovery, excellence, diversity and integrity—and we are looking for talented individuals who will embrace those values and help us achieve our mission and vision.
UMMS has been recognized as a top employer nationally and most recently is a recipient of the Forbes’ 2023 America’s Best Large Employers award, as well as Newsweek’s 2023 America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity and America’s Greatest Workplaces for Women honors.
share this job
Outpatient Bariatric Dietitian
Job ID: REF16603Q
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 8a-4:30p
Job Facility: UM Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
Under general supervision, collaborates with members of the healthcare team and provides nutrition care to patients in the UMMC Center for Weight Management and Wellness.
- Performs initial nutrition assessments, re-assessments, and documents in the electronic medical record, following department and professional protocols.
- Provides individual and group counseling and education to pre and post bariatric surgery patients with diverse backgrounds.
- Creates, manages, and delivers online medical nutrition therapy using telehealth and Blackboard educational system. Facilitates an in-person and online support group.
- Attends clinic meetings and travels between clinic sites when appropriate.
- Participates in outpatient team meetings, supports outpatient team goals and shares knowledge in area of specialty where appropriate.
- Requires travel between off site clinics and evening classes on occasion.
Renowned as the academic flagship of the University of Maryland Medical System, our Magnet®-designated facility is a nationally recognized, academic medical center with opportunities across the continuum of care. Come join UMMC and discover the atmosphere where talents and ideas come together to enhance patient care and advance the science of nursing. Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics or related field required.
- Registration by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Commission on Dietetics Registration (CDR) required. Current licensure in the state of Maryland as a Dietitian/Nutritionist required.
- Four (4) years clinical experience is required as a Registered Dietitian at a hospital facility, including completion of UMMC initial review required. Entry level Dietitian will be considered.
- Prior completion of a Specialty Fellowship Program or Active Specialty Certification: CNSC, CDE, CSR, CSP, CSO, IBCLC is required. Maintenance of 30 CEUs/2 years (20 CEU in a specialty area every two years) is required.
- Current on all mandatory classes/training Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, and pharmacology as they relate to nutrition is required to make clinical decisions regarding a patient’s nutritional care plan.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW