COVID-19 Vaccine: All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Learn More
Outpatient Adult Psychiatrist
At the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS), we are creating a better state of care, for our communities and our team members at more than 150 locations across Maryland.
UMMS believes all team members are caregivers—and we support our caregivers so they can care for our patients. When you join UMMS, you become part of a highly reliable community of more than 27,000, where your experience is respected, your expertise is recognized, and your passion and curiosity are nurtured. A generous benefits package supports your physical, mental, and financial health through a paid time off plan, comprehensive health coverage, dependent care and tuition reimbursement, retirement plan, wellbeing services and more.
UMMS embraces a just culture where all team members are treated fairly and are empowered to communicate their goals and pursue their full career potential. We are guided by our shared values—compassion, discovery, excellence, diversity and integrity—and we are looking for talented individuals who will embrace those values and help us achieve our mission and vision.
UMMS has been recognized as a top employer nationally and most recently is a recipient of the Forbes’ 2023 America’s Best Large Employers award, as well as Newsweek’s 2023 America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity and America’s Greatest Workplaces for Women honors.
share this job
Outpatient Adult Psychiatrist
Job ID: REF16308M
Area of Interest:
Location: Glen Burnie,MD US
Hours of Work: 8a-4p
Job Facility: UM Baltimore Washington Med Center
Employment Type: Full Time
- Monday- Friday, NO call
- Full time, flexible schedule to accommodate client’s needs.
- In-Person and Hybrid flexibility
- Adult Outpatient general psychiatry
- Approximately 12-15 ppd.
- Practice in a supportive and collaborative work environment
Our Psychiatrist jobs offer:
- Flexible scheduling
- Potential for bonuses
- Medical, dental, vision & Rx benefits
- CME allowance
- 401k retirement plan with employer match
- Medical malpractice insurance with unlimited tail coverage
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Generous physician referral awards
The University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center provides the highest quality health care services to the communities we serve. Our medical center is home to leading-edge technology, nationally recognized quality, personalized service, and outstanding people. We have 285 licensed beds and we’re home to 3,200 employees and over 800 physicians. Our expert physicians and experienced, compassionate staff are connected to medical practices in the local community as well as at the University of Maryland Medical Center in downtown Baltimore. For patients, this means access to high-quality care and research discoveries aimed at improving Maryland’s health. Our physicians and nursing staff specialize in emergency, acute, medical-surgical, and critical care. In addition, our medical center is home to many Centers of Excellence, offering expert outpatient health care.
Baltimore Washington Medical Center is situated near Chesapeake Bay, an enticing place to live, play and work because of the diversified lifestyles that are offered. The Hospital is located between Baltimore, Washington and Annapolis thus providing easy access to cultural, recreational and educational opportunities.
UMMS hospitals and health care facilities are equal opportunity employers and proud of an environment of diversity.
The University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center (UMBWMC), a member of the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS), has an opening available for a Full Time Board Certified/Board Eligible Outpatient Psychiatry at our Glen Burnie, Md office who is passionate about care and committed to excellence in mental healthcare.
As our Adult Psychiatrist at BWMC you’re an integral part of our team, serving the mental healthcare needs of our clients over the age of 18. You’ll see clients in an outpatient clinical setting either in-person or via telehealth.
- Possesses and maintains current license to practice medicine in the State of Maryland required.
- Possesses and maintains current Board Certification or Board Eligibility within practicing specialty required.
- Possesses and maintains current DEA or similar Narcotics and Controlled Substances Certification required.
- Possesses and maintains, if applicable, appropriate clinical privileges at a minimum of one UMMS affiliated acute care facility.
- Demonstrates meeting minimum CME requirements for licensure and board certification.
- Demonstrates appropriate qualifications and experience to perform the duties required of this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels hospital staff, patients, visitors, and levels of staff.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW