Sign into the Talent Community
Orthopedic APP – Inpatient – Lanham
Category: Physician/Physician Assistant
Facility: Luminis Doctors Community Medical Center
Location: Lanham, MD
Posted Date: August 31, 2022
Not ready to apply, or just want to learn more about our company and the hottest job opportunities, please join our Talent Community.
Quickly join with your social network.
SHARE THIS JOB
Position Objective: The APP will be responsible for the evaluation and management of patients within the emergency department and within the hospital.
Essential Job Duties:
- Performs comprehensive and problem-focused histories and physical examinations
- Interprets laboratory and diagnostic tests and correlates subjective and objective data to formulate a differential diagnosis and establish a working diagnosis
- Formulates a treatment plan for orthopedic conditions within their scope of practice and implements therapeutic intervention for specific conditions when appropriate
- Exercises judgment on conditions requiring consultation, referral or evaluation by the supervising orthopedic surgeon or other health care professionals
- Orders, collects and performs appropriate laboratory and diagnostic studies, such as routine laboratory tests, EMG, electrocardiogram and radiologic examinations including arthrogram, ultrasound, CT, MRI and bone scan studies
- Performs minor outpatient surgical procedures such as tendon repair, wound closure and management, incision and drainage, needle biopsy percutaneous pinning of fractures k-wire and hardware removal, compartment pressure measurements, digital blocks and regional anesthesia
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures such as aspirations and injections of joints, bursars and cysts as well as closed reductions of fractures and dislocations
- Applies braces, casts, splints and other orthopedic appliances
- Assists in the surgical suite including first assist, deep and superficial wound closure, application of internal devices and any other procedures delegated by the supervising orthopedic surgeon
- Conducts hospital rounds, writes orders, takes call and sees patients in the ED for the orthopedic surgeon and formulates and implements treatment and therapeutic plans for hospitalized
- Physician Assistant Degree or Nurse Practitioner
- Orthopedic experience
- Licensed as a Physician’s Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in the State of Maryland or eligible
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Luminis Health. (Note: this downloads a word document)