Office Assistant – Annapolis OB-GYN – Full-time Schedule varies
Category: Administrative/General Support
Facility: Anne Arundel Medical Center
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: April 13, 2022
Not ready to apply, or just want to learn more about our company and the hottest job opportunities, please join our Talent Community.
Quickly join with your social network.
SHARE THIS JOB
The Office Assistant works in a physician practice performing an important variety of duties including: greeting, registering, scheduling, and checking out patients on a computerized practice management system. Responsibilities also include maintaining and safe-keeping of patient medical records and contributing to smooth patient flow within the office. The Office Assistant provides stellar customer service in all patient interactions whether in fact to face meetings or by telephone. The Office Assistant works in a cooperative, friendly and results oriented manner with all other members of the practice staff and the Physician(s).
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Greets and accurately registers patients into the practice management system.
- Performs EPIC scanning and abstracting duties.
- Obtains patient records from various offices and hospitals as needed. Once obtained, scans information into patient charts.
- Faxes pathology reports and Op notes to referring and primary care physicians accordingly. Faxes patient records to specialist’s offices as needed.
- Answers and screens office calls, makes patient appointments, takes messages and redirects calls as appropriate.
- High school diploma or GED required or documentation of graduation from an accredited training program preferred.
- One year of clerical/billing experience in a medical office setting.
- Medical records experience strongly preferred
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will or will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Luminis Health. (Note: this downloads a word document)