Sign into the Talent Community
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant – Critical Care – F/T
Category: Physician/Physician Assistant
Facility: Luminis Anne Arundel Medical Center
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: October 3, 2022
Not ready to apply, or just want to learn more about our company and the hottest job opportunities, please join our Talent Community.
Quickly join with your social network.
SHARE THIS JOB
Provides emergent and urgent care to patients in critical condition, including, but not limited to, patients in, general surgery and surgical subspecialties, cardiology, and medical patients. This role serves as a liaison for all disciplines and services interfacing with the Critical Care Service. The NP /PA will be credentialed according to the medical staff regulations of the Anne Arundel Medical Center (AAMC) and will be under the supervision of an appropriately credentialed Critical Care attending physician. The NP/PA is responsible ultimately to the Critical Care Medical Director and works collaboratively to ensure program adherence to evidence based medical standards, quality initiatives and reliable execution of intended ICU daily processes.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Evaluates critically ill patients in ICU/IMU, ED, recovery room and on medicine/surgical services.
- Provides emergent and urgent care to patients in critical condition.
- Performs history and physical examination of patients.
- Writes orders and interprets laboratory data and radiological tests.
- Monitors patient status and response to treatments.
- Documents findings in the ICU medical record.
- Recommends and initiates appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Consults with subspecialty services as appropriate.
- Provides education and counseling for patients and families.
- Performs procedures, such as but not limited to, intubation, central line placement, arterial line placement, lumbar puncture, chest tube insertion, and paracentesis.
- Participates in daily team rounding, periodic M&M sessions and department conferences/teaching opportunities.
- Holds a close working relationship with nursing and medical staff.
- Participates in the continuing education programs and departmental quality assurance, risk management, and compliance efforts.
- Involved in critical care research projects, as well as, renal replacement therapy.
- Facilitates the transfer of critical care patients with other facilities.
- Actively works toward improving the Critical Care team, referring team, nursing staff, patient and family satisfaction.
- Participates in the assessment of patient and family educational needs and assists in the planning and implementation of the associated teaching plan.
- Facilitates transfer of information among healthcare professionals in order to promote smooth patient transition between services and levels of care.
- Acts as a role model to nursing staff by demonstrating clinical and theoretical expertise, critical thinking and innovation in patient management.
- Ensures staff compliance with established standards of care and provides input to improve clinical practice.
- Eagerly seeks and participates in teaching opportunities within the institution
- Actively creates, initiates and participates in research and development.
- Coordinates and implements financial strategies to maintain a cost effective environment.
- Monitors and measures performance in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develops and manages process improvement activities.
- Supervises RN, NP, PA, interns, residents, health science and medical students as appropriate.
- Understands and supports AAMC mission statement, vision, and values and guiding principles.
- Carries out safety and infection control procedures to ensure patient, staff and visitor safety.
- Responds to customers in a friendly, prompt, and caring manner, maintaining confidentiality and respect.
- Demonstrates positive behaviors toward patients, families, physicians, and all co-workers.
- Promotes mutual respect and professionalism.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities by identifying areas needing improvement and taking action to improve, trend, and report through PI process.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program.
- Two (2) years of related clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Licensed as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP) by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
- Current Maryland Attestation with the Maryland Board of Nursing.
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification is required.
- Proven interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians and other health care team members
- Demonstrated flexibility and dedication to team involvement.
- Capable of accepting new challenges and developing programs from start to finish
- Self-directed, with sound decision making, written and verbal communication skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Effective interpersonal skills with strong facilitation, conflict resolution and negotiating skills
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Luminis Health. (Note: this downloads a word document)