COVID-19 Vaccine: All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Learn More
Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) - Intensive Care Unit
share this job
Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) – Intensive Care Unit
Job ID: REF14138L
Area of Interest: Nursing Support
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 7-7
Job Facility: UM Medical Center
Position: Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) – Intensive Care Unit
Shift: Full Time; Rotating
Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Under general supervision, the Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) will be responsible for diagnosing and treating patients in collaboration with physician colleagues. The Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) will provide continuity of patient care by facilitating and coordinating communication between the health care team, patient and patient’s family. Coordinate care to ensure quality, cost effective care; appropriate length of stay; and patient safety. Serves as link integrating relevant research and best practices.search and best practices.
THE MEDICAL HEART OF MARYLAND
Treating over 330,000 patients every year, the University of Maryland Medical Center is at the vital core of Maryland’s health care system and community. We’re known for our prestigious expertise in innovative research and education, along with the talented staff and advanced centers that make it all possible. The R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, the world’s first center dedicated to trauma, treats more than 7,500 critically injured patients a year with an incredible 97 percent survival rate. We also have one of the nation’s largest kidney and pancreas transplant programs at The Joseph and Corinne Schwartz Division of Transplantation, home to Maryland’s first steroid-free protocol and pancreas/kidney transplant. From our National Cancer Institute-designated UM Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Cancer Center to The University of Maryland’s Children’s Hospital, one of the largest pediatric centers in the state, we are dedicated to saving and transforming lives.
- Master of Science Degree with completion of a Nurse Practitioner program. Registered and currently recorded with the Maryland Board of Examiners of Nurses and Certified as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Maryland. Certified in area of specialty. (DEA and CDS eligible).
- CPR required
- ACLS/BCLS as required for inpatient work.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience as a Registered Nurse is required.
- Demonstrated ability to promote professionalism through involvement in professional organizations, teaching, research, publishing, and/or certification in area of specialty.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient population(s) served. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age specific needs.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills are required to interact with patient families, departmental units, medical and nursing staff on all essential matters. Demonstrated/documented effective interpersonal skills.
- Maintains updated hospital safety and other mandatory training.
- Updated immunizations as recommended per practice area.
For more information, call or text Kimberly VanDeusen at 410-881-6548, or schedule a call at: https://calendly.com/kimberly-vandeusen/30min.
Terms of Service | Need help applying? Contact our Candidate Care Center: 1-443-675-6795
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW