COVID-19 Vaccine: All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Learn More
New Graduate Registered Nurse (RN) - PICU/CICU
share this job
New Graduate Registered Nurse (RN) – PICU/CICU
Job ID: 99647
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 12 hrs
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
New Graduate Registered Nurse – PICU/CICU
Full-time – Rotating Shift
Be a Part of Something Greater by working in a world class Magnet Academic Medical Center with a 19 bed combined Pediatric Intensive/Cardiac Care Unit (PICU/CICU) providing expert multidisciplinary care for children from infants to young adults with life-threatening conditions. We meet the unique needs of these specialized populations by integrating safety-focused, family-centered patient care with superb service, while individualizing patient education and psycho-social support. We endeavor to incorporate current evidence and innovative research into our practice, throughout the continuum of care.
This role is reserved for the new graduate or nurse with less than 12 months experience. The nurse will utilize this time to learn the institution and nursing practice. It is expected that a nurse in this role successfully pass the probationary period within 12 months (18 months maximum with a defined action plan developed with manager). Utilizes the nursing process as the frame of reference for practice as a professional nurse. Participates in activities to develop own practice, and to support group practice goals at the unit level. Functions effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary health care team. Is accountable to patient, family and team members for care provided, and to the nurse manager for totality of work performance.
As a Registered Nurse at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- An Achievable Professional Advancement model: Opportunities to progress in function, skills, and pay through our achievable promotion schedule;
- The opportunity to work in a specialized care environment at an Academic Medical Center with a nursing centered care model and Magnet Designation;
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000 per year for your graduate degree at University of Maryland School of Nursing.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Graduation from an accredited nursing education program approved by the Board of Nursing. BSN preferred.
- Currently licensed as an RN in the state of Maryland.
- BLS certification/PALS/NRP
- Clinical rotations in ICU/IMC
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
So, ERGs are new to me; it's a new concept, but it makes... I've never been involved in that sort of thing before, but it makes perfect sense because here we are, we're in this huge organization, and an organization is nothing without its employees, and we can get together, even though the University of Maryland is enormous, we can get together and work with people that we'd never normally even meet. And it makes perfect sense to be able to get together in that way to make a difference, particularly when we're focusing on inequality and injustice. I think that's something that we all should be involved in and empowered to do something about.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW