COVID-19 Vaccine: All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Learn More
At the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS), we are creating a better state of care, for our communities and our team members at more than 150 locations across Maryland.
UMMS believes all team members are caregivers—and we support our caregivers so they can care for our patients. When you join UMMS, you become part of a highly reliable community of more than 27,000, where your experience is respected, your expertise is recognized, and your passion and curiosity are nurtured. A generous benefits package supports your physical, mental, and financial health through a paid time off plan, comprehensive health coverage, dependent care and tuition reimbursement, retirement plan, wellbeing services and more.
UMMS embraces a just culture where all team members are treated fairly and are empowered to communicate their goals and pursue their full career potential. We are guided by our shared values—compassion, discovery, excellence, diversity and integrity—and we are looking for talented individuals who will embrace those values and help us achieve our mission and vision.
UMMS has been recognized as a top employer nationally and most recently is a recipient of the Forbes’ 2023 America’s Best Large Employers award, as well as Newsweek’s 2023 America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity and America’s Greatest Workplaces for Women honors.
share this job
Job ID: REF21627V
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 8a-4:30p
Job Facility: UM Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
- Join our state-of-the-art Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and expert clinical nutrition team. Participate in the most advanced treatment modalities for extremely premature and premature babies; individualized nutritional management; surgical interventions for birth defects including congenital heart disease; abdominal wall defects; cleft lip/palate repair; brain malformations; whole body cooling for neonatal encephalopathy; care of infants with congenital diaphragmatic hernia; and care of infants with twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome.
- Independently performs the nutrition care process, including nutrition assessment, diagnosis, intervention, monitoring, and evaluation, specific to age and medical status.
- In collaboration with team, develops an interdisciplinary nutrition plan of care.
- Proficient in enteral and parenteral nutrition in NICU patients.
- Provides education, training, and expertise to members of the healthcare team and dietetic interns to advance their development in the field.
- Under general supervision, collaborates with members of the healthcare team, attends daily rounds and provides nutrition care to NICU inpatients in a fast-paced setting.
- This position includes a weekend on call (on call taken from home) rotation.
Renowned as the academic flagship of the University of Maryland Medical System, our Magnet®-designated facility is a nationally recognized, academic medical center with opportunities across the continuum of care. Come join UMMC and discover the atmosphere where talents and ideas come together to enhance patient care and advance the science of nursing. Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics or related field is required.
- Registration by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Commission on Dietetics Registration (CDR) is required.
- Current licensure in the state of Maryland as a Dietitian/Nutritionist required.
- 6 months of clinical experience is required as a Registered Dietitian.
- Prior completion of a Specialty Fellowship Program or Specialty Certification: e.g. CNSC, CDE, CSR, CSP, CSO, IBCLC, etc. or achievement of MS is required. Maintenance of 30 CEUs/2 years is required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW