Mental Health Clinician-Child and Adolescent, Behavioral Health Clinics, Full-Time (8A-4:30P)
Category: Behavioral Health
Facility: Luminis Anne Arundel Medical Center
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: May 6, 2022
Not ready to apply, or just want to learn more about our company and the hottest job opportunities, please join our Talent Community.
Quickly join with your social network.
SHARE THIS JOB
The Licensed Clinician will work in tandem with the primary care team and is responsible for providing brief intervention and consultation to patients in an outpatient setting.
Services to include: crisis intervention; monitoring mental health referrals to patients with higher behavioral health needs; coordinating care for complex patients with mental and physical health conditions; acting as a consultant and resource to members of the care team on effective interventions with patients with chronic illnesses and mental health diagnoses; assisting with staff training as needed; functioning as chronic care self-management support expert; meeting minimum documentation requirements for all services rendered in a timely manner; and ensuring data is collected as appropriate.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Patient Care Management/Documentation – Work collaboratively with physician and/or mental health provider of record to provide comprehensive mental health services to patients across the age spectrum.
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans based on clinical experience and knowledge. Maintain a customer-oriented approach to meeting patient needs in an expedient manner, involving the family in the plan of care as appropriate. Maintain confidentiality and patient privacy. Document care provided; meeting standards for chart reviews. Adhere to call practice standards protocols.
- Consultation and Referral – Seek consultations as appropriate, act as a consultant as requested. Perform comprehensive assessments and refer patients for further care and services within the health system and/or the community.
- Patient Education – Utilize teaching learning theory with patients and their families to influence patient outcomes. Identify learning needs of various populations and contribute to the development of educational programs to meet those needs.
- Clinical – Diagnose and treat mental and emotional disorders, such as anxiety and depression. Provide comprehensive, short-term care for patients with acute mental and emotional disorders. Provide comprehensive, short-term care for patients with chronic mental and emotional disorders that are awaiting long-term service(s). Coordinate treatment with other professionals, such as psychiatrists and social workers. Refer clients to other resources or services in the community, such as support groups and recovery groups. Develop a comprehensive discharge plan that incorporates external supports and services when indicated.
- Maintain open dialogue with onsite primary care providers, while protecting patient privacy.
- Evaluation – Assess patients for risk of suicidal and/or homicidal thoughts or behaviors. Interviews patients and family members to determine nature and degree of problems and arranges, as necessary, medical or psychiatric examinations to help identify problems pertinent to diagnosis and treatment. Evaluate the effectiveness of the counseling program on clients progress in resolving identified problems and moving towards defined objectives.
- Evaluate case situations and presents information to other members of the health care team on clients, clients families, and social backgrounds pertinent to the diagnosis and treatment.
- Customer Service – Ensures that all aspects of customer service responsibilities are maintained by discussing account balances, collecting on such balances. If necessary act as a liaison with collection agencies and advocacy agencies
- Cash Control – Control all monies in safe and prepare deposits for pick up by Federal Armor on a daily basis. receives payment on accounts and prepares journal.
- Master’s Degree Clinical
- Five (5) years of related clinical counseling experience.
- Licensed Certified Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Certified Social Worker Clinical (LCSW-C ) from the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners or Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC ) from the Maryland Board of Professional Counselors.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Luminis Health. (Note: this downloads a word document)