Membership Growth Consultant
Location Aventura, Florida, United States of America Category Sales Job Id R0023089
We’re unique. You should be, too.
We’re changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with your kindness and joy?
We’re different than most primary care providers. We’re rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Nurtures, builds and cultivates direct-to-seniors and business-to-business partnerships to generate new patient opportunities year-round.
- Meets with individual seniors and groups in their homes, workplaces, houses of worship, senior centers or living communities to share the ChenMed value proposition.
- Plans, coordinates and executes local events within the community (e.g., information tables, health fairs, doc talks, etc.) to help reach our ideal patients (i.e., medically underserved, Medicare-eligible seniors, age 55 and older).
- Cultivates strong relationships with health plan agents, individual insurance agents, social workers, case workers, senior housing managers, senior centers and related community providers to keep ChenMed/JenCare Medical Centers as their top provider choice for senior healthcare when referring patients to a primary care physician.
- Partners with community officials, businesses and senior outreach programs to develop initiatives that will appropriately drive new patient growth.
- Schedules one-on-one sales meetings, referral relationships with Plan agents, independent brokers and the senior community to delivers solutions on immediate customer requests. Manages vendors as related to event planning and negotiating contracts with venues where events are taking place.
- Ensures insurance agents and/or brokers are invited to community events to ensure timely patient assignment to ChenMed/JenCare Medical Centers.
- Leverages marketing and sales tools to identify solutions and sell to new customers. Maintains up-to-date client information in designated customer relationship management (CRM) tool (i.e., SalesForce). Utilizes CRM tool to document interactions with clients and ensures effective management of leads.
- Provides monthly activity calendar reflecting community access points and new tabletop venues. Creates penetration plans and initiatives in key target markets and channels.
- Recovers dormant customers via sales tools and marketing campaigns.
- Drives new member growth by appropriately educating potential patients on our value proposition and healthcare model. Delivers prescribed presentation in front of large audiences.
- Develops all distribution channels to support new patient enrollment growth. Uses all sales tools provided to ensure efficiency and collection of pertinent data.
- Partners with sales leadership to improve effectiveness of engagements with distributors, vendors and community partners.
- Builds trusting relationships with brokers/insurance agents/case workers/third party vendors associated with seniors. Develops and executes specific broker and partner strategies and plans.
- Engages with new patients through and beyond their first appointment. Maintains relationships with enrolled patients to positively impact retention. Helps address and resolve customer complaints and issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Follows through on commitments
- Is seen as direct and trustful
- Keeps confidences
- Practices what he/she preaches
- Shows consistency between words and actions
Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Has a strong bottom-line orientation
- Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks
- Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully
- Pushes others
Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Readily acts on challenges, without unnecessary planning.
- Identifies and seizes on new opportunities
- Displays a can-do attitude in good and tough times
- Steps up to handle tough issues
Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels
- Attentively listens to others
- Adjusts to fit the audience and the message
- Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization
- Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions
Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
- Is confident under pressure
- Handles and manages crises effectively
- Maintains a positive attitude despite adversity
- Bounces back from setbacks
- Grows from hardships and negative experiences
Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization
- Builds strong formal and informal networks.
- Maintains relationships across a variety of functions and locations
- Draws upon multiple relationships to exchange ideas, resources, and know-how
Building strong customer centric relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Gains insight into customer needs
- Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer
- Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations
- Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships
Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others
- Positions views and arguments appropriately to win support
- Convinces others to take action
- Negotiates skillfully in tough situations
- Wins concessions without damaging relationships
- Responds effectively to the reactions and positions of others
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High business acumen and acuity.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and expertise in, negotiation, probing skills, closing skills and handling objections.
- Detail-oriented and proficient in MS office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook), CRM tools (Salesforce) plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (e.g., pitch letters, outbound calls, effective one-on-one meetings, group presentations, etc.).
- Positive attitude and the ability to attract patients with a warm, gentle disposition as it relates to our target market and their caregivers (ability to close sales without being perceived as pushy).
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 75%; work is primarily conducted off ChenMed premises.
- This position required use and exercise of independent judgment.
We’re ChenMed and we’re transforming healthcare for seniors and changing America’s healthcare for the better. Family-owned and physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health and well-being of the populations we serve. We’re growing rapidly as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health care.
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow. Join our team who make a difference in people’s lives every single day.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a related field OR additional combination of formal education, training and experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the education on a year-for-year basis.
- A minimum of 2 years of successful sales experience required. Working with seniors a plus, as is a general understanding of Medicare Advantage
- A minimum of 2 years of business-to-business experience or equivalent management experience preferred
- Relevant sales experience with establishing and maintaining relationship with business/vendor partners
- Experience in tele sales to input sales data into a computer while on the telephone with a customer
- A valid Class C or D or State equivalent driver's license, issued by the State of current employment require
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director