Medical Lab Tech in Richlands, VA at Clinch Valley Medical Center
Date Posted: 4/4/2022
- Employee Type:
2nd shift, 7-10 hr/shift, rotate weekends
- Job Type:
Clinch Valley Medical Center (CVMC) is a 200-bed facility and the largest acute-care hospital in far southwest Virginia. The hospital’s medical staff represents 33 medical specialties. For more information please visit: https://www.clinchvalleyhealth.com/
Clinch Valley Medical Center
Medical Lab Tech, CVMC
- Aids the phlebotomists in the collection of specimen.
- Performs tests within the laboratory ordered by physicians or contract with companies
- Processes verifies the quality and appropriateness of any sample while maintaining accurate identification throughout the testing and reporting procedures
- Assures that correlation and verification of results of stats, timed specimens, drug levels, panic values, and document calls to units or physicians as required.
- Processes all specimens (including proper storage and/or transport arrangements) for delayed testing or for referral to external labs
- Performs daily Quality Control for each test performed according to policy and procedure
- Assists with any secretarial duties as needed, i.e.
- Insures phones are answered timely and customer friendly.
- Assists in timely report of outpatient results to physicians and Medical Records.
Education: Requires Associate of Science with a major in Medical Laboratory Science or medical laboratory training plus experience and certified as Medical Laboratory Technician or Clinical Laboratory Technician with certification as M.L.T. (ASCP), NCA or equivalent.
Experience: 1-2 years experience preferred. Applicants with no previous experience will be considered on an individual basis.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.
Positions identified are with subsidiary hospitals and subsidiary physician practices of LifePoint Health, Inc. Similarly, recruitment and placement services for these positions are conducted by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Any applications received will be directed to the applicable entities.