Medical Assistant - West Kendall, FL (Starting hourly pay $19 plus BONUS AND SIGN ON BONUS!!)
Location Miami, Florida, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Job Id R0024318
We’re unique. You should be, too.
We’re changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with your kindness and joy?
We’re different than most primary care providers. We’re rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The Care Promoter 1 is an unlicensed medical professional cross-trained to perform routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the medical centers running smoothly. The duties of Care Promoter 1 vary from setting to setting, depending on the size, location and type. In addition to administrative duties, Care Promoters perform clinical duties under direct physician supervision in accordance with state practice acts. The Care Promoter 1 is an integral member of a Physician-led Care Team that is focused on providing excellent and comprehensive primary care for a specific population of patients.SCHEDULE: Mon-Fri 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM OR 8 AM- 5 PM-- NO WEEKENDS!
STARTING PAY: $19 hourly PLUS Quarterly Bonus!
$2K SIGN-ON BONUS FOR THOSE WHO QUALIFY!!
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Measures and records vital signs; records patient interview, history, and chief complaint.
- Prepares patients for examinations and performs routine screening tests; assists physician with exams; explain treatment procedures and physicians' instructions to patient.
- Phlebotomy and collection of other lab specimens; performs basic waived lab tests.
- Prepares and administers medications under physician supervision; changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures and other first aid procedures; uses CPR skills when necessary.
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks and sterilizes instruments; practices OSHA safety standards; performs accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times.
- Processes patient phone messages, returning calls and routing them to other team members as appropriate; calls patients to obtain and relay pertinent information for the physician.
- Upon physician approval and authorization, calls in prescriptions to the pharmacy. Uses communication skills with appropriate medical terminology; and follows appropriate legal and ethical professional conduct; authorized individuals will use the ChenMed Rx system to support physician medication dispensing.
- This position requires 5-10% travel time.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and empathy towards our patients at all times.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members, including doctors, nurses, front desk staff, center managers, and market leaders.
- Mindset focused on solving problems for patients and achieving team goals. Knowledge of medical products, services, standards, policies and procedures.
- Skill in operating phones, personal computer, software and other IT systems. Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow. Ability to act calmly in busy or stressful situations.
- This position may require some local travel to assist in covering other centers.
We’re ChenMed and we’re transforming healthcare for seniors and changing America’s healthcare for the better. Family-owned and physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health and well-being of the populations we serve. We’re growing rapidly as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health care.
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow. Join our team who make a difference in people’s lives every single day.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or equivalent education (GED) required
- Graduation from a nationally accredited Medical Assistant program OR comparable healthcare vocational training (i.e. foreign-trained physician, paramedic, etc.) required
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience as a Medical Assistant, Patient Care Technician or similar in a hospital, medical clinic or comparable environment OR documented clinical rotation training can be substituted for work experience
- BLS for Healthcare Providers required
- Experience working with geriatric patients is a plus
- EMR system experience preferred
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director