State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Medical Assistant - Research
Req ID: 46234BR
Job Summary: Collaborates with the investigator team to provide research clinical support and care. In the context of research protocols, the Medical Assistant - Research performs a wide variety of activities during participant visits in a research setting. The position involves extensive interaction with diverse populations including research study teams, study participants, medical staff practitioners and medical center personnel. The Medical Assistant - Research works under the direction of the research study investigators, study physician and/or nurse to perform clinical activities in the context of a research protocol. This position will not perform activities requiring licensure.
- As requested performs a variety of research support activities such as vital signs, EKGs, phlebotomy, monitoring study participants, set up utilization and take down of physiologic equipment to provide quality collection, downloading and export of data .
- Assists during routine procedures. Takes complete and accurate information from participants, prioritizing and communicating information to clinical and/or research staff. Performs lab tests, specimen collection and processing
- Provides participants with relevant instructions for specific tests and procedures. Schedules follow-up tests and appointments using hospital or Clinical Research Center (CRC) systems. Collaborates with RN on executing a participant's care plan. Develops and maintains competencies as delegated by manager/director
- Maintains the safety of participants who have been identified at risk for preventable injury by the implementing nursing safety interventions or using protective devices/equipment under the supervision of the RN. Reports all participant activity to the RN in a timely manner.
- Escorts participants to ancillary service areas such as radiology and lab as needed. Performs other support activities as requested by managers or clinical providers. Attends internal or external educational or training sessions as assigned. Intermittent phone and reception coverage at front desk. Attends and participates in staff meetings
- Associate's degree in Healthcare related field or Medical Assistant certification required.
- Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required., or must obtain BLS within 60 days of hire.
- 0-1 years related work experience required in medical assisting or similar.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 .
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized as a Leading Health System in the Country
How to Apply