Medical Assistant – Primary and Specialty Care, DTLA
$26.45 – $34.89 Hourly
April 22, 2022
You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
· A medical assistant diploma or certificate as follows
1.Documentation of completing of a medical assistant program from a medical assistant school that is accredited by ASSCS, ACCET, CAAHEP or ABHES or
2.Documentation of national certification for medical assistant issued by CMA, NCCT or AMT or
3. Documentation of completing a medical assistant program and demonstrated completion of no less than 10 clock hours of training in administering injections and performing skin tests; 10 hours of training in venipuncture and skin puncture for the purpose of withdrawing blood; at least 10 of each intramuscular, subcutaneous, and intradermal injections and 10 skin tests, and/or at least 10 venipuncture and 10 skin punctures; 10 hours of training in administering medical by inhalation.
· BLS from American Heart Association or American Red Cross
· Knowledge of normal and abnormal symptomology and life threatening medical problems.
· Ability to administer CPR.
· Ability to skillfully administer oral, IM and subcutaneous medications.
· Ability to perform venipuncture with skill, adhering to all OSHA PPE safety requirements.
· Ability to obtain accurate vital signs and drug refills.
· Ability to assist in medical emergencies and office procedures.
· Ability to use computerized patient care systems.
· Knowledge of medical terminology.
· Interpersonal skills to interact with patients, families, ancillary departments, physicians and co-workers in a courteous and compassionate manner.
· Verbal skills to effectively convey sensitive information in a courteous manner in person or on the telephone.
· Skill to accurately perform a EKG.
· Ability to assist in orientation of new staff.
· Ability to order medical and clinical supplies and maintain adequate inventory.
· Ability to follow proper channels of policies & procedures, communication & work standards.
· Ability to organize tasks to facilitate smooth work/patient flow.
· Ability to schedule patient for referrals to specialists.
· Ability to be flexible in working both back and front office to facilitate smooth workflow.
· Knowledge and ability to set up and assist physician with any procedures such as, but not limited to audiometry, spirometry, O2 saturation levels, skin tag and mole removals, ear lavage, colposcopies, flexible sigmoidoscopies.
· Ability to perform accurate quality control and patient sample testing for waived tests.
· Knowledge of all safety requirements when handling Biohazardous specimens or contaminated instruments.
· Knowledge of MSDS and emergency treatments.
· Ability to work overtime in cases of emergency.
· Ability to be punctual and maintain a satisfactory attendance record.
· Skill in maintaining a harmonious work atmosphere, practicing excellent customer service.
· Ability to push, pull or carry 30 lbs or more
I've been blessed to touch so many lives through my serving. It's a privilege to uplift other employees with words of encouragement and a smile.
The first thing i noticed when i joined the team was how everyone is very welcoming and friendly with supportive management. I did not feel like an outsider.
Once I joined, I knew UCLA Health was THE place to be due to the growth potential and training offered