Manager – Purchasing
Facility: Luminis Health
Location: Lanham, MD
Posted Date: April 13, 2022
Not ready to apply, or just want to learn more about our company and the hottest job opportunities, please join our Talent Community.
Quickly join with your social network.
SHARE THIS JOB
Title: Manager Purchasing
Department: Purchasing Services
Reports To: Senior Manager, Sourcing and Contracts
Cost Center/Job Code: 10000-50070-001656
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Purchasing Manager will oversee the purchasing activities for both inventory procurement requirements as well as specialty clinical area purchasing needs for all of Luminis Health. This role will work collaboratively with the Materials Management Site Leadership for the hospitals to anticipate inventory procurement needs based up on industry trends and will lead a team of buyers who procure for both general med/surg inventory items as well as specialty clinical areas across Luminis Health.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Participates in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training new staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the purchasing department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to purchasing and inventory control with a goal to maximize efficiency and optimize workflow.
- Collaborates with sales, customer service, and logistics departments to maximize efficiency in the purchasing and inventory control department.
- Communicates with suppliers and internal stakeholders to resolve problems that may arise regarding delivery, quality, price, or conditions of sale.
- Purchases supplies, materials, and parts for the Luminis Health System.
- Analyze data, market trends, prices, buyers, and delivery conditions to anticipate future material availability and utilize procurement technologies and develop procurement processes that support those trends.
10. Participates in business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost down and improvement opportunities.
11. Provides periodic reporting for management on purchasing, controls and processes.
12. Collaborate with Materials Management Site Managers and Supply Chain Systems team to analyze data and provide feedback and support for inventory forecasting activities.
13. Purchases large and non-inventory specialty items.
14. Participates in the negotiation of contracts with vendors for optimal cost and delivery times as requested by contracting.
15. Reports to upper management on stock level issues, etc.
16. Effectively forges professional relationships with subordinate staff, internal customers, Supply Chain colleagues, vendors and process partners.
17. Collaborate with internal customers to enhance service, improve financial outcomes and become a valued business partner.
18. Forges positive professional relationships with vendors to effectively manage performance. Performs Business Reviews for applicable prime vendors on a scheduled basis. Develops and manages vendor performance metrics (i.e. fill rate, invoice accuracy, policy compliance, etc.) for key business partners.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and ethics when dealing with vendors, co-workers, and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to effectively train others.
- Bachelor degree in field of expertise or equivalent combination of education/experience is preferred.
- Five years progressive experience in purchasing and/or inventory management.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Luminis Health. (Note: this downloads a word document)