State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Manager, Pharmacy Accounting
Req ID: 45944BR
Job Summary: The Beth Israel Lahey Health (BILH) Pharmacy Inc. Accounting Manager will plan and direct all accounting related activities. This role will be responsible for managing the financial statements of BILH Pharmacy Inc. and working with BILH corporate finance as well as various system hospital finance teams to ensure accurate and timely close preparation and reporting.
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger and balance sheet
- Develops processes to coordinate the accurate and timely preparation and issuance of monthly and year-end financial statements with explanations of major variances and results of operations. Informs management of problems or delays in producing required data.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures regarding the auditing and approval of all journal entries to ensure proper application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Reviews and approves all standard and recurring journal entries while ensuring continued staff development in this area.
- Responsible for monthly intercompany accounting between various child sites and the parent company.
- Establishes and maintains effective communications and working relationships with corporate finance staff, hospital finance staff and BILH Pharmacy Inc. leadership to ensure accuracy of accounting data and financial reports. Coordinates and develops finance-related initiatives. Actively participates in the development of departmental objectives, schedules and organizational structure.
- Coordinates the flow of information between the Accounting staff and outside auditors. Develops the process for the detail production of the Audited Year End Financial Statement and accompanying documents.
- Oversees credit card processing, reconciliation, validation of data integrity, reconciliation of fees with appropriate allocations
- Manages cash flow forecasting and monthly bank reconciliations in conjunction with corporate treasury.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 4-6 Indirect Reports: None
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field required. Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA), MA and/or CPA preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required and 1-3 years supervisory/management experience required
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Prior healthcare and/or retail pharmacy experience.
- Experience with 340B drug pricing program highly desired.
- Intercompany accounting experience highly desired
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized as a Leading Health System in the Country
How to Apply