Manager, Medical Staff Office
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
The Manager of Medical Staff Services is responsible for the daily operations of the Medical Staff Office. This position works closely with the officers of the medical staff, department chairpersons and hospital administration to support and enhance the functions of the organized medical staff.
1) Associate degree in business, equivalent office management, or healthcare related field.
2) Bachelor degree preferred.
1) Minimum of 5 years in a hospital medical staff office or equivalent environment.
2) Minimum of 1 year in a leadership position preferred.
1) Certification by NAMSS as CPMSM (Certified Professional Medical Services Management) or ability to obtain within 12 months of hire/transfer.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
2) Knowledge and skill in effective verbal and non-verbal communication and conflict management.
3) Advanced experience with computer and medical staff databases.
4) Strong attention to detail.
Receives minimal supervision from the Chief Medical Officer-MNMC.
Supervises the Medical Staff Office staff.