Manager, Internal Communications
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
The Manager, Internal Communications is responsible for understanding internal communications and Public Relations (PR) best practices with regard to content, communications vehicles, and technology. Will create a strategy and tactics that keep leaders and staff informed and help to create a positive perception of MNH as a healthcare provider and as an employer. The manager oversees all aspects of internal communications and PR and works with Director, Brand & Community Engagement, fellow communications managers and health system colleagues to plan and execute strategic internal communications and PR plans across the MNH system. This position interfaces frequently with senior executives, senior medical staff, and system leadership. This role oversees internal communications and the Public Relations & Corporate Communications Strategist to align and segment messaging between internal and external audiences.
1) Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2) Master’s degree preferred.
3) Preference is given to graduates in Communications, Marketing, Business or a related field.
1) Five or more years’ experience in Marketing/Communications required.
2) Supervisory experience preferred.
3) Healthcare experience preferred.
4) Strategic communications planning and budgeting
5) Experience writing for publication, executive communications, and event planning required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
1) Knowledge of HIPPA compliance and ability to maintain confidentiality regarding all manner of topics including communications with the media and with administrative/management information regarding physicians, trustees, employees and patients.
2) Proficiency in Microsoft Suite: Word; Excel; Power Point.
3) Proficiency in collaboration tools such as Basecamp and project management tools such as Workfront.
4) Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite desirable.
5) Develops proficiency in MNH operational technology platforms (Axiom, Concur, Kronos).
6) Excellent project management skills and the ability to manage numerous complex projects simultaneously working closely with agencies, freelancers and external vendors as well as delegating to internal team members.
7) Ability to work creatively, cooperatively and collaboratively with team members in all system departments and levels of the Health System.
8) Excellent command of English language; grammar, spelling, writing and editing skills.
9) Excellent communication skills and ability to respond pleasantly, positively and calmly, even in a crisis situation.
10) Must learn Health System environment in timely manner to respond to numerous inquiries from the public and Health System staff.
11) Must display professional mannerism and appearance.
12) Conducts business in a professional and cordial manner that upholds the integrity and reputation of Mount Nittany Medical Center.
13) Knowledge of human resource laws and regulations as they relate to the management of staff.