State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Maintenance employees are required to respond to emergencies such as floods, power outages, etc during off shift hours if asked to do so by department supervisors. Snow removal is also the responsibility of the Maintenance Operations Department and all Maintenance employees are required to participate in the snow removal process.
Maintenance Operations inspires a dedicated team of professionals whose goal is to provide a well maintained, safe and appealing facility and environment while meeting regulatory requirements. Our main objective is to resolve problems and provide timely response to meet our customers’ needs.
We focus on providing a high level of customer service in order to meet the needs of our patients, visitors and staff and the community while gaining their respect by providing prompt and efficient response to their maintenance requests. We continually evaluate our activities and focus our attention on achieving top performance in all areas of our responsibility.Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 48391BR
Job Summary: Performs general maintenance, repair of building mechanical systems and equipment common to a healthcare facility. Carries out scheduled maintenance tasks and repairs as part of a coordinated PM program.
- Provides first response to equipment and system issues that are the responsibility of the mechanical section including; plumbing, bulb replacement, leak response.
- Provides first response to electrical and HVAC system issues while working on an off shift.
- Performs repairs and preventive maintenance on mechanical equipment common to healthcare facility maintenance.
- Performs record keeping requirements and written reports as part of a daily routine.
- Required to respond to emergencies such as floods, power outages, etc. during off hours if asked to do so by the department supervisors. Snow removal is also the responsibility of the maintenance department and all maintenance employees are required to participate in the snow removal process.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Basic plumbing knowledge and experience
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized as a Leading Health System in the Country
How to Apply