Licensed Practical Nurse-LPN-NGPG-GYN Urology-Gainesville-Fulltime
Nursing - LPN
8 Hr Morning - Afternoon
Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of our communities.
About the Role:
Utilizes the nursing process to access, plan, implement and evaluate care to Center patients. Processes and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures for the competent delivery of nursing care.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Licensure or other certifications: Currently licensed as an LPN in the State of Georgia. Current BLS certification required or must be obtained within 30 days of hire.
- Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum Experience:
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Preferred Licensure or other certifications:
- Preferred Educational Requirements:
- Preferred Experience: Minimum of two (2) years experience.
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Current Basic Life Support certification
- Successful completion of nursing skills checklist
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assesses the patient’s physical and emotional needs and provides appropriate care and intervention.
- Performs the initial assessment upon patient’s arrival and develops a plan of care in collaboration with the Physician.
- Performs ongoing assessment and communicates assessment and plan of care through written documentation and verbal reports.
- Documents nursing interventions and implements Physician’s orders in a timely manner.
- Correctly administers and documents medication regime.
- Identifies and implements infection control and safety practices.
- Organizes patient care and demonstrates ability to set priorities by addressing acute needs first and implementing Physicians’ orders within appropriate time frame.
- Serves as clinical resource for MOA’s and other non-licensed staff.
- Complies with network drills, CPR requirements, and any other network or health system requirements.
- Maintains current skills checklist and assist with performing skills checklist on other employees.
- Complies a minimum of six hours continuing education within review year.
- Serves as preceptor to nursing students or new nursing staff members or staff members needing to cross train to learn basic nursing duties.
- Cross trains if necessary to perform basic radiological and laboratory functions.
- Conducts at least one clinically related in-service for center staff during review year.
- Weight Lifted: Up to 50 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
- Weight Carried: Up to 20 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
- Vision: Moderate, Frequently 31-65% of time
- Kneeling/Stooping/Bending: Frequently 31-65%
- Standing/Walking: Frequently 31-65%
- Pushing/Pulling: Occasionally 0-30%
- Intensity of Work: Occasionally 0-30%
- Job Requires: Reading, Writing, Reasoning, Talking, Keyboarding
Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals.
NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.