Lead, Systems Engineer
Location Miami, Florida, United States of America Category Information Technology Job Id R0023914
We’re unique. You should be, too.
We’re changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with your kindness and joy?
We’re different than most primary care providers. We’re rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The Lead, Systems Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and integrating enterprise technology systems at every stage of their lifecycle. The incumbent in this role, as the Lead level member of the IT Systems Engineering team, is accountable for assigned systems and processes critical to the successful operation of enterprise IT, as well as assisting management with ensuring team goals and objectives are achieved.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and monitors all infrastructure and system installations, including configurations, testing and maintenance.
- Creates and manages Infrastructure as Code (IaC) capabilities for internally developed applications.
- Maintains, provisions and troubleshoots systems hardware platforms (servers, NAS devices, SANs, etc.) ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Crafts custom scripts to increase automation and reduce required human interaction.
- Conducts high-level root-cause analysis for service interruption and establishes preventive measures.
- Develops infrastructure to incorporate latest technology best practices and improve operational performance.
- Maintains security, backup and redundancy strategies.
- Monitors and tests application performance for potential bottlenecks, identifies possible solutions and works with developers to implement those fixes.
- Participates in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Liaises with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Serves as an experienced mentor to provide guidance on company processes including Design Controls, Risk Management, Labeling and other Regulatory requirements.
- Documents work performed and communicates with stakeholders via email and the service management platform.
- Creates and maintains standard operating procedures and knowledge bases.
- Participates in the IT Engineering on-call support rotation.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High business acumen and acuity
- Expert Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
- Expert scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Expert networking as it pertains to systems integration knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Expert experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks
- Expert understanding of either Windows or Linux Operating Systems
- Expert understanding of servicing computer hardware, both client and server
- Expert understanding of networking as it pertains to systems integration, computer and storage interaction and setup
- Expert understanding of client/server and web applications
- Expert understanding of scripting and automation
- Expert understanding of DevOps practices
- Ability and willingness to quickly adjust priorities as business needs shift
- High level of conceptualization, analytical, logic, and reasoning skills
- Ability to ensure that a remarkable level of customer service is provided at all times
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
We’re ChenMed and we’re transforming healthcare for seniors and changing America’s healthcare for the better. Family-owned and physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health and well-being of the populations we serve. We’re growing rapidly as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health care.
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow. Join our team who make a difference in people’s lives every single day.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a closely related IT fields OR additional experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis required
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience providing technical support in a corporate environment, working within a dedicated, multi-tier technical team required
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience managing and monitoring systems in an enterprise environment required
- At least 1 professional level certification (AWS Solutions Architect, MCSE, etc.) or higher preferred
- Experience using a service desk platform (ITSM or trouble ticket system)
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director