State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Req ID: 45646BR
Job Summary: This role includes key statistician responsibilities including statistical design, and conducting analyses and data exploration, and generating key documents such as statistical analysis plans and grant materials for both observational studies and clinical trials. The successful individual has progressed beyond the Research Fellow/Trainee stage and is functioning as an independent statistician.
- Develops statistical solutions to optimally support all phases of observational studies and clinical trials.
- Functions as the study statistician and is accountable for study level deliverables.
- Performs statistician responsibilities as needed, including attendance of study team meetings, review of protocols/amendments, conducting exploratory data analyses, and performing just-in-time analyses.
- Applies innovative statistical approaches to study design, analysis and data exploration methodologies.
- Serves as a general clinical development and statistical resource.
- Supervise, orient and/or train staff.
- Retrieves, query, manipulate and manage large claims databases.
- Provides statistical education to clinical investigators including faculty, fellows, residents and medical students.
- May provide statistical consulting services to investigators from Harvard Medical School and affiliated hospitals if needed.
- Master's degree required; Doctoral degree preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- Hands-on experience in statistical methods: casual inference, survival analysis, linear/generalized mixed effect models, missing data imputation (multiple imputation or weighting methods).
- Knowledge of epidemiology, outcomes research, evidence-based medicine, and experience using large longitudinal datasets such as randomized trial data, claim data, registry data and electronic health records datasets.
- Advanced SAS programming skills: SAS macro, ODS, SQL, GTL, etc.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Willingness to learn and understand new data sources and data structures, be able to build analytic datasets from new data sources efficiently.
- Willingness to learn new statistical methods, be able to implement the methods directly or apply SAS macros or R functions provided by method papers in various projects. Familiarity with R or STATA.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized as a Leading Health System in the Country
How to Apply