Laboratory Accredidation Coordinator
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Oversees the quality functions and regulatory activities of any and all divisions of the clinical laboratories but is most involved with documentation of the standards as set forth by the College of American Pathologist, JCAHO, PA Dept. of Health, American Association of Blood Banks, American Red Cross, and CLIA. The position advances the vision, mission, goals, and objectives of the Medical Center. The outcomes of safe, cost effective patient care and customer satisfaction are upper most in delivery of services. Services and performance are driven by law, external and internal governing standards, policies and procedures.
1)Bachelor degree or equivalent.
1) Four (4) years of clinical laboratory experience in an acute care hospital
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Must have a broad technical knowledge in clinical pathology.
2) Must possess good oral and written communication skills and a cooperative personality for dealing with other hospital departments, medical staff, patients, and the community.
3) Conducts business in a professional and cordial manner that upholds the integrity and reputation of Mount Nittany Medical Center.
1) Certified as a Medical Technologist (ASCP), MT (AMT) or have equivalent certification required.