COVID-19 Vaccine: All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Learn More
IT Project Manager II - Automated Testing
share this job
IT Project Manager II – Automated Testing
Job ID: 100170
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Location: Linthicum,MD US
Hours of Work: 8-4:30
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical System
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Under general supervision, manage specific aspects of one or more medium to large projects or programs for clinical or business applications in the healthcare environment. This includes organizing and managing teams, developing project plans and schedules, managing issues, risks, costs, managing to schedule and scope and communicating at all levels of the organization.II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks:
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Deploys and organizes resources, develops timetables and targets and checks progress. Creates a clear, logical and realistic plan of activities, for medium to large size projects.
- Manage medium to large projects using best-practice project management approaches to deliver against approved estimates for quality on-time and on-budget projects.
- Communicates the project business value and seeks to ensure supported metrics for medium to large projects.
- Supports and executes improvements in existing quality assurance tools and processes.
- Develops and analyze project interdependencies to effectively structure schedules and resources and understand potential impacts.
- Anticipates and identify issues, monitor the project and measure risk factors. Implement continuous quality control of process and deliverables.
- Translates business requirements into practical IT solutions, which can be implemented.
- Build effective networks of internal and external subject matter expert contacts including directors.
- Meet with key players to test ideas, identify issues and gain commitment on recommendations.
- Use commonalities/differences within the team members’ goals, values and problem-solving styles to generate multiple alternatives in leading group to achieve a result.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business administration or related field from which comparable knowledge and abilities have been acquired.
- Five years program and/or project management experience is required.
- Specialized certification preferred e.g. Change Management, Process Improvement, Project Management).
- Demonstrated ability to manage medium to large scale project teams. Ability to set up, plan, manage, report and communicate medium size projects and direct the completion of projects within proper scope, budget and schedule.
- Demonstrate ability to think strategically. Demonstrate sufficient understanding of some functions to structure and manage project work. Generate innovative and practical solutions to complex or unusual problems.
- Support client relationship management and oversees IT project execution and reporting. Possesses excellent customer service skills.
- Act as lead resource for dealing with project issues, ability to lead projects. Understands appropriate escalation process. Work with the team to make decisions considering the degree of impact on areas involved. Demonstrated ability to reach agreement and potential solutions through flexibility and compromise with peers, customer/client, and managers.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and related peripheral equipment is required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and Microsoft Project is preferred.
- Structure and manage projects to meet client expectations, deliver value and minimize potential obstacles and risks. Understand and manage stakeholder needs and build commitment to project solutions that deliver target business value.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary in order to work with all levels within the organization, and produce clear and concise reports of relatively complicated issues.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hi, I'm a Clinical Informaticist at the University of Maryland. My name is Michelle. One of the unique parks that you'll find at the University of Maryland, that you won't find at other healthcare facilities, is the ability to network and find support at any given time across the board. Whether it is in your own team, or if you need to reach out to another team, there is always someone available and happy to help you with any questions or any additional information that you might need to complete a task or a project. I think that that is a wonderful trait and I think that that is unique to University of Maryland. The other perk that I think that you find at University of Maryland that I have not seen at other facilities where I've worked or in other roles is the ability and the encouragement of life-work balance. That is something that is not easy to find nowadays, but I think that you find that in every aspect of working for the University of Maryland.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW