COVID-19 Vaccine: All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Learn More
Inpatient Physical Therapist
At the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS), we are creating a better state of care, for our communities and our team members at more than 150 locations across Maryland.
UMMS believes all team members are caregivers—and we support our caregivers so they can care for our patients. When you join UMMS, you become part of a highly reliable community of more than 27,000, where your experience is respected, your expertise is recognized, and your passion and curiosity are nurtured. A generous benefits package supports your physical, mental, and financial health through a paid time off plan, comprehensive health coverage, dependent care and tuition reimbursement, retirement plan, wellbeing services and more.
UMMS embraces a just culture where all team members are treated fairly and are empowered to communicate their goals and pursue their full career potential. We are guided by our shared values—compassion, discovery, excellence, diversity and integrity—and we are looking for talented individuals who will embrace those values and help us achieve our mission and vision.
UMMS has been recognized as a top employer nationally and most recently is a recipient of the Forbes’ 2023 America’s Best Large Employers award, as well as Newsweek’s 2023 America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity and America’s Greatest Workplaces for Women honors.
share this job
Inpatient Physical Therapist
Job ID: REF17024W
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 8am-4:30pm
Job Facility: UM Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
- Under general supervision, deliver physical therapy services through evaluation of patient needs, goal determination, and development of treatment plans according to the principles and practices of physical therapy.
***Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates***
Renowned as the academic flagship of the University of Maryland Medical System, our Magnet®-designated facility is a nationally recognized, academic medical center with opportunities across the continuum of care. Come join UMMC and discover the atmosphere where talents and ideas come together to enhance patient care and advance the science of nursing. Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree plus five years of physical therapist experience, or Master’s Degree, or Master’s equivalent, or Doctorate of PT, required.
- Clinician with two years of experience may qualify for a Physical Therapist II.
- Current licensure as a Physical Therapist with the State of Maryland is required.
- Current CPR certification is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of physical therapy techniques and practices; and general knowledge of orthopedics, neurology, trauma, pathology, and general medicine is required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English in order to follow and give instructions accurately.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient population served on the assigned unit.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time while performing Physical Therapy services.
- Ability to learn and practice positive guest relations skills.
- Ability to work regularly with patients possessing potentially infectious disease using the appropriate “Standard Precautions” and safety procedures.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required in order to work with patients and other health care personnel effectively.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient populations(s) served. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age specific needs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW