You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
Under direct supervision of the RD Senior II Supervisor and guidance from our full time Computrition RD, you will be a SM Computrition Nutrition Software Specialist. You will communicate and work as a team member with dietetic technicians, food service personnel, cooks, nurses, physicians, patients and other health care team members. Your responsibilities include:
- Menu Development; Design paper menus; Implementing new menus; Work on disaster menus, holiday menus, and
- Works with Executive Chef, Chief Clinical Dietitian, and RD II Supervisors on various Food Service tasks and nutrition in-services; Updates Nutrition Analysis Database.
- Work with purchasing team to update food items; Works with Dietitians on therapeutic diets; Works with cafeteria and Wellness Committee on cafeteria/nutrient database projects; Works with allergies; works with all things Computrition.
- Assists with the supervision of cooks (ex: ensuring proper portions are being used).
- Maybe be cross training to work with adult patients when time permits, and participate in departmental activities, meetings, committees, performance improvement and other nutrition related tasks.
I've been blessed to touch so many lives through my serving. It's a privilege to uplift other employees with words of encouragement and a smile.
The first thing i noticed when i joined the team was how everyone is very welcoming and friendly with supportive management. I did not feel like an outsider.
Once I joined, I knew UCLA Health was THE place to be due to the growth potential and training offered