Human Resources Business Partner
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Responsible for providing a wide range of human resources (HR) services and support to his/her assigned area: Mount Nittany Medical Center and Mount Nittany Physician Group. Serves as the primary HR contact and has a thorough understanding of the immediate and long term business challenges and related human capital needs of all assigned departments. Actively participates in the development and implementation of strategies and programs to address identified challenges and ensure alignment to the broader organizational HR goals. HR consultation is provided to Senior Leadership, Management, and employees in the Business Partners assigned areas with an emphasis in sourcing and retention for in-demand positions, performance management, employee relations, management training and organizational development, policy interpretation, and adherence to employment law and all regulatory requirements.
1) Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business Administration or related field.
2) MBA preferred.
1) Three years Human Resources generalist experience in in a medium to large organization.
2) Previous HR business partner of management experience preferred.
3) In-depth knowledge and practical experience in foundational human resource areas such as employee and labor relations, recruitment and workforce planning, performance management and coaching, policy development and implementation, and strategic planning.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Strong working familiarity with applicable state and federal employment law as well as regulatory standards related to human resources management.
2) Solid computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet, database, keyboarding).
3) Strong customer service mindset is essential for success.
4) Ability to listen to, discern and respect the beliefs of teammates.
5) Communicates (written and orally) in a highly effective way – focusing on content, outcomes and value relevant to system leaders and staff.
6) Works in high collaboration environment across operations and teams, as well as HR.
7) Works effectively in a highly changing and dynamic environment, demonstrating ability to learn and adjust quickly, and bring others along when designing or implementing new ideas.
8) Excellent interpersonal, coaching and partnership skills.
9) Ability to develop meaningful trusting relationships at all levels within the organization to gain support and achieve results.
10) Ability to effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address and resolve complex business issues.
11) Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding employee information and employment matters.
1) SHRM-CP/PHR certified preferred