Hospital Collections Customer Service Representative
Mondays – Fridays 8 hrs/day, Some weekends
$23.19 – $32.96 Hourly
May 5, 2022
You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
We’re seeking an interpersonal, detail-oriented individual who:
- Has a minimum one year in a medical customer service call center environment preferably in a hospital business office setting
- Able to prioritize assignments and multi-task in an accurate and prompt manner
- Able to demonstrate analytical skill to identify, evaluate and resolve patient billing concerns
- Knowledge of hospital billing, reimbursement, contracts, and write offs, and ability to determine patient liability and overpayment amounts
- Extensive telephone experience and experience dealing with the public
- Collection experience, preferably working knowledge of Medical billing and knowledge of collection techniques and collection law, specifically knowledge and adherence procedures of the Rosenthal Act, so as to project a professional image for the Medical Center and make legally acceptable payment arrangements and demands with/or for our patients
- Bilingual Spanish/English, highly desired
I've been blessed to touch so many lives through my serving. It's a privilege to uplift other employees with words of encouragement and a smile.
The first thing i noticed when i joined the team was how everyone is very welcoming and friendly with supportive management. I did not feel like an outsider.
Once I joined, I knew UCLA Health was THE place to be due to the growth potential and training offered