Graduate Nurse - Med / Tele *Sign-On Bonus Eligible!!*
Why Mount Nittany Health?
Looking for a career where your passion for nursing is rewarded?
A setting where you are surrounded by highly-skilled professionals who share your passion – and truly love their jobs?
With our Graduate Nurse positions, Mount Nittany Health has jobs available for those who have graduated from an accredited program of professional nursing and are awaiting licensure.
*External offers made for this position between April 1st, 2022 and June 30th, 2022 are eligible to receive a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus.*
*This position qualifies for the Mount Nittany Health Employee Referral incentive as per policy 6063*
Responsible to the Unit Director/Manager for the overall nursing practice of the unit for the shift of assignment. In the absence of the Unit Manager, the GN is responsible to the Clinical Supervisor, Charge Nurse or the Clinical Coordinator of the shift. The GN must practice under the supervision of a registered nurse.
Provides professional nursing care based on current nursing knowledge through use of the nursing process. This includes the responsibility for assessment of the patient's needs, development of the plan of care to meet those needs, implementation of nursing measures and evaluation of the effectiveness of the nursing care and other treatment measures.
1) High School education or equivalent.
2) Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
1) Relevant experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Demonstrates a high level of mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with ill people.
2) Uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment and a professional attitude when relating with patients, families and co-workers at all times.
1) Current PA RN licensure pending with practice permit.
2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
Receives direct supervision from the Unit Director/Manager/Clinical Coordinator. May also be accountable to the Team Leader, Clinical Supervisor and/or Charge Nurse. Performs functions under close supervision and is expected to consult frequently with the supervisor on matters requiring professional judgment. Graduate nurses are not given charge responsibility for a unit and are not assigned as the only professional nurse on the unit.