COVID-19 Vaccine: All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Learn More
Gastroenterologist - UM Charles Regional
At the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS), we are creating a better state of care, for our communities and our team members at more than 150 locations across Maryland.
UMMS believes all team members are caregivers—and we support our caregivers so they can care for our patients. When you join UMMS, you become part of a highly reliable community of more than 27,000, where your experience is respected, your expertise is recognized, and your passion and curiosity are nurtured. A generous benefits package supports your physical, mental, and financial health through a paid time off plan, comprehensive health coverage, dependent care and tuition reimbursement, retirement plan, wellbeing services and more.
UMMS embraces a just culture where all team members are treated fairly and are empowered to communicate their goals and pursue their full career potential. We are guided by our shared values—compassion, discovery, excellence, diversity and integrity—and we are looking for talented individuals who will embrace those values and help us achieve our mission and vision.
UMMS has been recognized as a top employer nationally and most recently is a recipient of the Forbes’ 2023 America’s Best Large Employers award, as well as Newsweek’s 2023 America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity and America’s Greatest Workplaces for Women honors.
share this job
Gastroenterologist – UM Charles Regional
Job ID: REF14223U
Area of Interest: Physicians
Location: La Plata,MD US
Hours of Work: 8 am – 4:30 pm
Job Facility: UM Charles Regional Health
Employment Type: Full Time
Physician shall be responsible for providing high quality, efficient, patient-centered and cost-effective care to any and all assigned patients. Care may be provided in the ambulatory, sub-acute or acute care environment as deemed appropriate. Full time is defined as not less than forty (40) hours of direct patient clinical or administrative care per week, generally assumed to be performed in five (5) full work days. On-call coverage for the assigned patients shall be allocated in a fair and reasonable manner as dictated by Physician’s specialty
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Provide for and maintain full and complete records of all services performed for patients in accordance with established standards.
- Promote the written goals and objectives of Charles Regional.
- Participate in any and all quality assurance programs as assigned.
- Supervise the administrative responsibilities of all non-physician employees with whom Physician works.
- Assure compliance with applicable Charles Regional policies and procedures, including but not limited to personnel actions, payroll practices, orientation and training, charity care, accounts payable, coding, billing and claims processing.
- Assure compliance with local, state and federal guidelines such as OSHA, CLIA and wage and labor regulations.
- Participate in the development of and performance to meet budgets including review of expenses and ongoing budget reconciliation.
- Apply and foster personal tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrate a courteous attitude and promote good patient relations and a positive image.
- Participate in practice and group development activities such as community speaking, volunteerism and service to increase Physician visibility.
- Cooperate with administration to adjust Physician’s business approach when appropriate, such as altered or varied practice style and scheduling changes, in order to improve productivity and/or patient satisfaction.
- Participate in disease management programs to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of care.
At University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center (UM CRMC), our talented and diverse groups of professionals represent our strength. Through teamwork and a collaborative work environment, we proudly serve our patients and our community with unwavering commitment. It’s our passion for people that motivates us to do great work every single day. Consistently named among the top 100 Best Places to Work in Maryland, our team members have the opportunity to grow professionally in a supportive and stimulating environment.
Education and Experience
- Possesses and maintains current license to practice medicine in the State of Maryland required.
- Possesses and maintains current Board Certification within practicing specialty required.
- Possesses and maintains current DEA or similar Narcotics and Controlled Substances Certification required.
- Possesses and maintains, if applicable, appropriate clinical privileges at a minimum of one UMMS affiliated acute care facility.
- Demonstrates meeting minimum CME requirements for licensure and board certification.
- Demonstrates appropriate qualifications and experience to perform the duties required of this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Highly effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels hospital staff, patients, visitors, and levels of staff.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW