Family Practice Physician
FT 40 HRS
5 days agoRequisition ID: 1729
Harbor Health is seeking a Full Time Physician at the Harbor Community Health Center-Hyannis who will serve as a primary care provider to a panel of patients providing outpatient care within our Patient Centered Care Model (also open to Part Time). Our physician has an opportunity to care for a diverse population of patients and be assisted by an ancillary staff dedicated to providing an excellent practice environment. This is an opportunity to provide the full spectrum of care including routine health maintenance, management of chronic conditions, and management of acute illness for patients.
Harbor Health Services is qualified for all Federal and State Loan Repayment Programs!
• Continuing Medical Education Stipend of up to $2500 and 5 days of leave per year and reimbursement for initial and renewal cost of licenses.
• 25 days of PTO to start with additional 11 Paid Holidays per year included in a comprehensive benefits package.
• Malpractice Insurance is covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
• Patient/Administrative Load: 32 Clinical hours and 8 Administrative hours.
• Serves as a primary care provider for a panel of patients, organizes and manages the care of primary care patients, including outpatient visits, communication with patients by mail, email or phone, inpatient care, referral for specialty care, provision of or referral for patient education for self-management, assesses health risks, promotes and provides disease prevention, and practices evidenced based medicine.
• Provides routine health maintenance by performing interval well visits which may include a complete history and physical, developmental assessment, risk assessment, cancer screening, and health promotion education, follows up on any problems detected and makes appropriate referrals for additional services required, including, nutrition, social services, behavioral health, specialty care.
• Provides timely and expert care to patients with acute illness.
• Manages common chronic illnesses, including acute complications and routine follow-up and provides or arranges for appropriate patient education regarding self-management of chronic illnesses.
• Participates in an on-call system with other physicians in the Center and with other physicians at affiliated health centers that provides 24-hour access to a physician for our patients.
• Participates in evening/weekend/holiday clinic schedule to provide face to face care, follow up visits, acute care and other clinical services to patients.
• Participates in provider staff meetings, departmental meetings, general staff meetings, trainings, care team meetings and quality improvement/practice transformation sessions.
• Supervises mid-level practitioners on a routine basis, reviews problem cases, is available for consultations, reviews medication prescribing, and provides teaching.
• Provides credentialing information on a timely basis.
• Updates Electronic Medical Record (EMR) appropriately using proper coding and documents care accordingly; accurately and timely documents care in the medical record with progress notes, lab follow-ups, communications with patients; maintains a current problem list, medication flow sheet, immunization record and other appropriate information.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
• Completed accredited physician residency in Family Practice.
• Current Massachusetts MD, DO license, DEA, Mass Controlled Substance Registration, BLS.
• Board Certified/Board Eligible.
• Computer Literate in MS Office (Word Excel, Outlook), Windows, and EMR (EPIC/OCHIN desired).
• Experience with a community health center population and practice setting preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
For more information, please call 617-533-2342.