Family Medicine Physician
FT 40 HRS
YesterdayRequisition ID: 1810
Harbor Health Services is an innovative, growing, mission-based organization that lives, serves and collaborates with our community members to achieve our mission to help individuals reach their full potential through access to local, affordable services that promote health. Harbor provides medical, behavioral health, dental, and support services to more than 34,000 patients in Boston, the South Shore, and Cape Cod. Harbor Health also operates two Programs for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly in Mattapan and Brockton, providing comprehensive healthcare, transportation and social services for more than 450 frail elders who continue to live with dignity and independence in the community. To help further the mission of Harbor, we are looking for a Family Physician to join our Primary Care Team.
Harbor Health is seeking a Full Time Family Medicine Physician at the Daniel Driscoll-Neponset Health Center. Our Physician is primary care provider to a panel of patients, conducts outpatient visits, manages communication with patients, oversees safe transitions of care and refers for specialty care within our Patient Centered Care Model. Our Physician assesses health risks, promotes disease prevention, and practices evidence-based medicine.
Harbor Health Services qualifies for all Federal and State Loan Repayment Programs!
- Continuing Medical Education Stipend of up to $2500 and 5 days of leave per year and reimbursement for renewal cost of licenses.
- 25 days of PTO to start with additional 11 Paid Holidays per year included in a comprehensive benefits package.
- Malpractice Insurance covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
- Patient/Administrative Time: 32 Clinical hours and 8 Administrative hours.
- Fully integrated Epic EMR
- Opportunities available for teaching and leadership
- Clinical and administrative supports include onsite lab, pharmacy, integrated behavioral health, specialty, OBAT and community outreach teams, WIC/food pantry and more!
• Serves as a primary care provider for a panel of patients, organizes and manages the care of primary care patients, including outpatient visits, communication with patients by mail, email or phone, inpatient care, referral for specialty care, provision of or referral for patient education for self-management, assesses health risks, promotes and provides disease prevention, and practices evidenced based medicine.
• Provides routine health maintenance by performing interval well visits which may include a complete history and physical, developmental assessment, risk assessment, cancer screening, and health promotion education, follows up on any problems detected and makes appropriate referrals for additional services required, including, nutrition, social services, behavioral health, specialty care.
• Provides timely and expert care to patients with acute illness.
• Manages common chronic illnesses, including acute complications and routine follow-up and provides or arranges for appropriate patient education regarding self-management of chronic illnesses.
• Participates in an on-call system with other physicians in the Center and with other physicians at affiliated health centers that provides 24-hour access to a physician for our patients.
• Participates in evening/weekend/holiday clinic schedule to provide face to face care, follow up visits, acute care and other clinical services to patients.
• Participates in provider staff meetings, departmental meetings, general staff meetings, trainings, care team meetings and quality improvement/practice transformation sessions.
• Supervises mid-level practitioners on a routine basis, reviews problem cases, is available for consultations, reviews medication prescribing, and provides teaching.
• Updates Electronic Medical Record (EMR) appropriately using proper coding and documents care accordingly; accurately and timely documents care in the medical record with progress notes, lab follow-ups, communications with patients; maintains a current problem list, medication flow sheet, immunization record and other appropriate information.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
• Completed accredited physician residency in Family Practice.
• Current Massachusetts MD/DO license, DEA, Mass Controlled Substance Registration, BLS required.
• Board Certified
• Computer Literate in MS Office (Word Excel, Outlook), Windows, and EMR (EPIC/OCHIN) experience desired.
• Experience with a community health center population and practice setting preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
For more information, please call 617-533-2342.