State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Director of Accounts Payable
Req ID: 45302BR
Job Summary: The Director of Accounts Payable oversees all accounts payable activities and drives strategy for streamlining and measuring team's performance. Drives the team to move into a traditional shared services model resulting in industry based benchmarked performance metrics. Manages all activities related to accounts payable of new site acquisitions ensuring proper cut over and controls around the conversion along with accounts payable related activities of integration of acquisitions.
- Drives required changes to move away from manual to automated processes, including the associated training and organizational changes.
- Responsible for ensuring timeliness and accuracy of accounts payable deliverables, including but not limited to accounts payable monthly close and associated financial reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring the validity and maintenance of data input into the financial systems related to accounts payable.
- Ensure accounts payable activities are in compliance with internal policies and best practices by regularly reviewing the policies and revising them as needed.
- Coordinates accounts payable function with vendors, purchasing and receiving departments.
- Manages all activities related to accounts payable of new site acquisitions ensuring proper cut over and controls around the conversion along with accounts payable related activities of integration of acquisitions.
- Special Projects as assigned. Responsibilities will be accomplished within established timeframes. All of the above will be accomplished collaboratively while also providing opportunities for independent decision making.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance & Accounting required.
- More than 10 years related work experience required in progressive responsibility within accounts payable.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Experience with multi-entity/multi-state and shared payroll. Certified Payments Professional.
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Team player with strong work ethics and honesty.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized as a Leading Health System in the Country
How to Apply