Dental Assistant Trainee
7 days agoRequisition ID: 1800
Are you looking for a great opportunity for on the job training in the healthcare field? Train with Harbor Health to become a licensed Dental Assistant! This is a paid position and Harbor Health will cover the initial training costs and licensure fee. The Dental Assistant Trainee (DAT) agrees to be trained as a Dental Assistant through an on-the-job training program at the Harbor Community Health Center in Hyannis. For a one-time period of up to six consecutive months to commence from the beginning of the initial period of on-the-job training the Dental Assistant Trainee will:
- Work with dental leadership to give official notice to the Board of Registration in Dentistry (BORID) of intent to train.
- Will primarily be trained by the Senior Dental Assistant and Training Instructor.
- Will receive additional indirect training by the clinical staff at the assigned dental site.
Within 6 months, the DAT will:
- Complete initial training with Harbor Health.
- Obtain a current BLS (Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers) certification.
- Complete a course on the CDC guidelines (Infection Control)
- Complete a course in radiological techniques and safeguards and successfully pass the DANB Radiation Health and Safety Examination (RHS) or other examination as approved by BORID within one year or course completion.
- Obtain an on-the job (OJT) Massachusetts Dental Assisting License.
Essential Functions: (Under Assigned Supervision)
- Performs all delegable duties for On the Job Trained Dental Assistant allowed by the Board of Dentistry.
- Reviews medical chart with provider, performs intake on the patient and documents in EDR following protocols.
- Prepares all clinical areas for treatment planned each session.
- Provides chairside assistance to dentists in all procedures in accordance with training.
- Enters relevant patient information into EDR in accordance with training and protocol.
- Implements daily infection control procedures and processes instruments in compliance with CDC and HHSI protocols.
- As directed, or in accordance with state law and HHSI protocol, place sensors and aligns x-ray tubes for radiographs but will not expose radiographs until required licensure is obtained.
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment and maintains checklists and logs as required.
- Maintains checklists and logs on equipment, oxygen tanks, eyewash stations, code bags.
- Enters data and maintains the electronic lab log tracking all dental prosthetic cases in accordance with protocol and training.
- Prepares all clinical areas for clinic closing in accordance with protocol.
- Monitors inventory and ensures that inventory is maintained by following established protocols.
- Reviews post-operative instructions to patients regarding their procedures.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Computer literate; must have basic skills in windows environment.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Candidates must have never been previously licensed or registered as a dentist, dental hygienist, or dental assistant and not in violation of any rule or regulation adopted by BORID.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
40 Hours Weekly