Communications Coordinator- Internal Communications
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Coordinates and implements communications to employees, providers and other special groups according to the health system’s internal strategic communication plan to ensure consistency of messages, use of tools and reporting of tactics toward strategy. This person is proficient in the use of the emergency notification for staff and providers.
1) Bachelor’s degree required. May have equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of specific education.
2) Preference given to graduates in Communications, Digital Media, Journalism or a related field.
1) Two years’ experience in Communications, Journalism, Digital media, Marketing, and/or Public Relations required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
1) Proficiency in desktop publishing, Microsoft Office computer skills, Apple/Mac software/platforms, and Outlook/Email skills.
2) Ability to quickly learn content management system for employee website, electronic newsletter system, and emergency notification system.
3) Ability to work creatively and cooperatively with all departments and levels of the organization to enhance communication.
4) Ability to perform multiple duties effectively and independently in an environment of continuous change and interruptions. Must possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
5) Must maintain confidentiality in communications with the media and with administrative/management information regarding physicians, trustees, employees and patients.
6) Must have ability and eagerness to learn new digital systems as needed by the health system.
7) Excellent command of English language; grammar, spelling, writing and editing skills.
8) Ability to organize, delegate and carry out assignments independently.
9) Excellent communication skills and ability to respond pleasantly, positively and calmly, even in a crisis situation. Must learn health system environment in timely manner to respond to numerous inquiries from the public and Mount Nittany Health staff.
10) Must display professional mannerism and appearance.