Sign into the Talent Community
Clinical Staff Pharmacist I (Inpatient Psychiatric/Behavioral Health) – PRN
Category: Allied Health
Facility: Luminis Anne Arundel Medical Center
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: September 22, 2022
Not ready to apply, or just want to learn more about our company and the hottest job opportunities, please join our Talent Community.
Quickly join with your social network.
SHARE THIS JOB
The Staff Pharmacist facilitates the safe, high quality, effective and economic use of drugs to provide high quality, cost effective, pharmacy services to Medical Center and its patients. This responsibility includes the clinical monitoring of patients, consultation with the medical staff, the ordering and interpretation of laboratory work, prescribing of medication doses, documentation of medical information and patient contacts and education of patients. Provides assistance to all staff regarding drug therapies, evaluating and promoting evidenced-based therapy; and the preparation and dispensing of pharmaceuticals, according to established departmental policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participates in the establishment of goals and objectives for the Department, as a member of the Pharmacy team and represents Pharmacy through participation in hospital patient care teams and committees as needed. Assists in developing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring department initiatives to achieve departmental service metrics; including follow-up, to assure desired results are obtained.
- In collaboration with Pharmacy leadership, enhances patient-related drug therapy. Develops, implements, and evaluates evidenced-based medicine, treatment guidelines, protocols, pathways, initiatives and/or clinical programs that promote appropriateness and cost-effectiveness of medications.
- Reviews written medication orders and prescriptions, or medication history, to determine appropriateness of ingredients, strength, and dosage. Reviews the medication selected relative to potential allergies, food/drug interactions, route of administration, toxicity, and adverse drug reactions with other medications ordered.
- Contacts the prescriber, as appropriate, to clarify orders and/or make recommendations concerning alternate therapies. Mentors and assists staff, as necessary.
- Identifies, resolves, and prevents potential and actual drug-related problems by obtaining and evaluating medical data, including but not limited to: patient history, laboratory data, progress notes, and reviews patient EMR for drug interactions, allergies and contraindications, to determine and implement optimal drug therapy.
- Provides and evaluates the thoroughness of patient data collection, assessment, recommendations and follow-up monitoring required by the healthcare team via progress notes and/or verbal communication.
- Maintains complete and accurate records as required by departmental policies and procedures and/or federal and state board regulations, including the documentation and investigation of all reported Hospital-related adverse drug reactions, in conjunction with the staff pharmacists.
- Assists with providing, coordinating and evaluating staff clinical knowledge/skills/competencies for developmental opportunities. Provides in-service education to pharmacists and professional staff directed towards the AAMC patient population and/or clinical drug use initiatives.
- Assists in the growth and development of pharmacists, students and medical staff through mentoring and education. Provides necessary training and support to pharmacy staff, students and residents for their developmental level, the requirements of the position and in the context of the needs of patients and hospital staff.
- Supervises and verifies the accuracy and efficiency of order entry by providers on computerized patient medication profiles. Assures the accuracy of preparation, prepares and/or supervises technical staff in the preparation of medications for dispensing.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree or Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy with commensurate experience
- At least 1 year of experience in an inpatient or outpatient psychiatric practice setting.
- PGY2 Residency in Psychiatry and Board Certification in Psychiatry are preferred.
Active Maryland Pharmacist licensure in good standing with the Maryland Board of Pharmacy
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
Medium Work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.There is reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Luminis Health. (Note: this downloads a word document)