Certified Lactation Counselor
At Central Maine Healthcare our team members are committed to providing exceptional care and experiences for our community and for each other every day.
- Perform as a primary resource to newborn parents to enhance bonding
- Provide consistent breastfeeding education, counseling and support
- Build trusting relationships with patients and their families to provide support throughout mother/infant care
- Work in tandem with the provider team to implement feeding and care plans
- Facilitate implementation of plan of care in manner appropriate to the situation and acceptable to the mother and the healthcare provider.
- Demonstrates procedures, techniques, equipment and devices
- Exercises principles of safety and standard precautions
- Provide appropriate education to patients per provider instructions.
- Supports nursing staff thru education and demonstration of patient breastfeeding techniques and support.
- Accurate documentation of services and care given to patient in EMR.
- Support general practice operations, including clinical precepting and outpatient referrals processing.
- Practice within Baby Friendly USA Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding
- Support general clinical operations when not engaged in mother-infant breastfeeding support and education
- Maintain Mothers Milk Bank Northeast donor milk program.
- Manage breast pump rentals
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Registered Nurse License, in the state of Maine, BSN preferred.
- Current BLS
- Certification in lactation required
- One year of nursing experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to engage patients and team members utilizing the CMH Experience StandardsI am creating a warming, caring, and non-judgmental environmentI am actively listening and seeking information
I am honest, truthful, and consistent
I am respectful, treating all individuals with dignity and empathy
I am serving as a role model, taking both initiative and ownership when appropriate
I am working collaboratively and demonstrating teamwork
I am resilient and adapt to change in positive ways
- Serve as the champion of the patient and team member experience by providing an A+ experience to every patient and team member, every day
If you are passionate about making a difference and are looking for your next great career opportunity, we look forward to reviewing your application!