Care Promoter Specialist- Podiatry
This job is available in 4 locations
We’re unique. You should be, too.
We’re changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with your kindness and joy?
We’re different than most primary care providers. We’re rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The Care Promoter, Specialist is an unlicensed medical professional who has received specialized training to perform routine administrative and clinical tasks to support the Specialist PCP and provide a great patient experience. In addition to administrative duties, Care Promoters perform clinical duties under direct physician specialist supervision in accordance with state medical practice acts. The Care Promoter, Specialist is an integral member of a Physician-lead Care Team that is focused on providing excellent and comprehensive primary care for a specific population of patients.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Measures and records patient vital signs; records patient interview and medical history.
- Collaborates with care team to ensure specialist related medical records and consult notes are obtained.
- Prepares patients for examinations and performs routine screening tests; assists physician with exams; explains treatment procedures and physicians' instructions to patient.
- Escorts patients to exam rooms and ensures their comfort and well-being prior to leaving.
- Observes patients and reports any changes in patient conditions to the Specialist, PCP, Clinician, and/or other clinical personnel.
- Perform non-critical medical and therapeutic procedures based on medical instructions. Collects phlebotomy and other lab specimens; performs basic waived lab tests.
- Prepares and administers medications; changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures and other first aid procedures; uses CPR skills when necessary, all under physician supervision.
- Upon physician approval and authorization, calls in prescriptions to the pharmacy. Uses communication skills with appropriate medical terminology; and follows appropriate legal and ethical professional conduct; authorized individuals will use the ChenMed Rx system to support physician medication dispensing.
- Provides health coaching to a defined group of patients to support healthy lifestyle choices. Follows up with coached patients via weekly calls.
- Catalogs and communicates patient needs to the Specialist, PCP, Clinician, and/or other clinical personnel.
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks and sterilizes instruments; practices OSHA safety standards; performs accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times.
- In partnership with care facilitator team, greets patients and schedules appointments upon check-out.
- Serves as the gatekeeper for Specialist schedules including, but not limited to ensuring all patients have follow up appointments with PCP and Specialist.
- Works in conjunction with Care Facilitators to ensure all appointments for the following day are confirmed and all missed appointments are rescheduled appropriately.
- Works in conjunction with Care Coordinators to ensure Specialist orders are completed and patients scheduled accordingly.
- Presents patients with customer service survey during check out and escalates if needed for immediate service recovery.
- Processes patient phone messages, returning calls and routing them to other team members as appropriate; calls patients to obtain and relay pertinent information for the physician.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of Medical Assistant protocols, terminology, services, standards, policies and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a heart of compassion and empathy towards our patients and families
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, time management skills and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate and partner with team members, including physicians and other clinicians, market leaders, center managers, nurses, case managers, front desk staff, center managers, and market leaders
- Ability to manage complex patients requests from providers
- Ability to make some independent workload decisions
- Mindset focused on resolving problems for patients and achieving team goals
- Skilled in basic phone and computer operation
- Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of reports and data
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow
- Ability to act calmly in busy or stressful situations
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally and/or regionally up to 50% of the time to assist in covering other centers, as needed
- Spoken and written fluency in English
We’re ChenMed and we’re transforming healthcare for seniors and changing America’s healthcare for the better. Family-owned and physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health and well-being of the populations we serve. We’re growing rapidly as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health care.
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow. Join our team who make a difference in people’s lives every single day.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or equivalent education (GED) required
- Certified Medical Assistant from a nationally recognized certifying agency required
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience as a Medical Assistant, Patient Care Technician or similar in a hospital, medical clinic or comparable environment required
- BLS for Healthcare Providers required
- Experience working with geriatric patients is a plus
- Experience working with Cardiologist, Podiatrist or other specialists preferred
- EMR system experience preferred
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director